Did you know they sell Red Lobster biscuits in stores?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Tellyv • Oct 30, 2014.

1. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I'm sure if you've been to Red Lobster before you know what I'm taking about, there famous biscuits. Well today is your lucky day if you didn't know this already, they sell it in stores and they taste exactly like the ones in Red Lobster. You buy the box with the biscuit powder and all you need to have to add extra is shredded cheddar cheese to add to the mix, microwave some butter and add the garlic pack mix to the butter and spread it over the biscuits after they come out the oven. Your welcome Red Lobster fans. :cool:

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to Red Lobster in a numerous amount of years that I wouldn't even know if they sold them or not. For the few times that I've been a customer of the restaurant in the past, I've enjoyed some of their menu items. So to hear that they have biscuits and that they are now available in stores brings curiosity to me for sure. What stores even have them? I'd like to try them just to see how they taste, especially with the involvement of cheddar cheese and garlic! The depiction of it makes it sound like it tastes really good.

3. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    ooo I wish that they would just sale the biscuits already made. I'm sure I will find someway to mess it all up if I try to fix it myself. I used to know someone that worked at a Red Lobster and I bothered her all the time to bring some of those biscuits home. I love them, but I hardly ever get them because its not worth the expense of red lobster to get them.

4. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I have noticed that and I have also noticed that they are starting to offer a lot of different restaurant items at grocery stores now, for example, I seen quite a few different Friday's items at a local Smith's store. I wonder why they do this? I mean I am not complaining because there are some things I like from different restaurants so to be able to gain access to them without the trouble of going to the restaurant is convenient, and besides, it's nice to be able grab the things you like all from one place and be able to take them home and put together your own meal. Definitely love those Red Lobster biscuits...now if only Popeye's chicken would sell their biscuits in stores, then I would be completely satisfied. :D

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Now, this is something I'd love to have here. So you mean we buy biscuits that taste like red lobster? I have a hard time imagining that, but at the same time it would be something I'd try for sure, it sounds something delicious.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw these as well, since my sister recently bought a few boxes of them, but I was a bit confused, since they are basically just Bisquick in a box labeled with Red Lobster's logo. The recipe for their cheddar biscuits as far as I've always known it to be was just mixing up some Bisquick to package directions, then stirring in some shredded cheddar cheese. Then after they come out of the oven, brush them with a mixture of melted butter mixed with Old Bay seasoning.

The TGI Fridays frozen items are pretty good, but they are not prepared at all like they are in the actual restaurants. For example their Spinach & Artichoke dip is nothing like what they sell at TGI Fridays. The restaurant version is made with a bechamel base made from scratch, then they stir in the frozen spinach that's been thawed and thoroughly drained, the chopped canned artichokes, shredded monterey jack and parmesan, and some cayene pepper. They warm it all through in the microwave then broil it for a bit on top before garnishing it with chopped tomatoes. The frozen version has cream cheese, no bechamel, and mozarella in it I believe.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm, I wasn't aware that they sold them in stores now, but I found a great copy cat recipe a little while back (Pinterest saves the day again, lol) that I've been using and am very happy with it. The store bought variety might be more slightly more convenient but I wonder if it stacks up in terms of flavour? I might have to do a little shopping now and compare the two :).

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Ohhh I wish we have those in our country. I tried the biscuits once when I traveled, and I really loved it. I will ask my friend if she can buy some for me the next time she comes here for a visit. Thanks for the information!

9. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I brought the mix from Walmart but I'm sure the mix is sold and other large grocery stores. I'm glad you enjoyed my description.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You basically bought Bisquick in a fancy package. The recipe for how to make the Red Lobster biscuits has been on the internet for years.
    The main ingredients are Bisquick, shredded cheese, garlic salt, and butter.

When my daughter and I saw the Red Lobster mix in the store, we laughed and said "I wonder if anyone will actually pay for that , since the recipe is well known."

Frugal people, don't fall for that overpriced box of biscuit mix with the Red Lobster logo on it.

3e5e36b060be24e0f0ca7434f6731a2a.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, the biscuits do not taste like lobster. They taste like the cheese biscuits served at an American seafood restaurant called Red Lobster.