Diet Dr. Pepper

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Zyni • Feb 13, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Diet Dr. Pepper was my favorite choice when I wanted a soda. It seems like the recipe has changed over time, going back a while now. It just doesn't taste as good to me. I actually prefer the taste of the Walmart brand, Diet Dr. Thunder now. It's cheaper too, so that's even better. I don't know what they did to the brand name one, but something is definitely different. Does anyone here drink it? What do you think?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    It remains a favourite drink of mine but I no longer will drink or buy it. I cannot deal with this aspartame situation. I do not drink regular soda. I never have. I have always drank diet options or sugarless options. Upon reading about how many diet things (not just soda) I put into my body contained aspartame I had to stop giving them my money.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Diet Dr. Pepper but I personally feel that the regular Dr. Pepper has more pop to it. I only drink carbonated drinks days before my monthly flux sets in, anyway, or when I dine out with family or friends to a fast food restaurant. The best occasion to drink Dr. Pepper is when you're writing a thesis for graduate school.

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, aspartame is not good for you. It seems like nothing is these days. When you were drinking it, Joan, did you notice a difference in the taste?

Dr. Pepper still tastes the same to me, Tinx, but I very rarely drink sugared soda. If I do, it's usually a Cherry Coke, just because I have a craving for one. I'll ask you as well, did you notice any difference in the flavor of Diet Dr. Pepper?

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Diet Dr. Pepper! It's so sad that where I currently live we do not have Dr. Pepper, so I have to settle for Diet Coke, however whenever I go to the US I'll have my fair share of it!

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    This is me too. I do like regular dr. pepper (or used to I guess) but soda in general (diet or regular) is like the most unhealthy thing you can put in your body. I think it is particularly dangerous too because it is so easy to get hooked on.

I went to college at Baylor University, which is in Waco, the current home base of Dr. Pepper. We had "Dr. Pepper Hour" every tuesday where you could go get free Dr. Pepper floats on campus. Dr. Pepper flowed in all our dining halls, at sporting events, and there were stands set up around campus every once in a while and it was all free.

Hard to avoid at that time.

But now I don't drink pop at all and I don't really let my kids have it.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    A difference in taste between 'regular' Dr. Pepper & diet or a difference because of the aspartame?

If you mean the former, of course. However, it never really bothered me because I never drank 'regular' soda. I'm not a fan of sugar generally speaking & those sodas had an abundance of it per serving. A difference because of the aspartame? Yes, but that's solely because of the type of fake sugar used. Most people can tell there is a difference in taste between Sweet N Low & Stevia.