Difference Of Quality Of Monitors

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Sep 28, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you noticed that some monitor brands are better than the others when it comes to displaying images? I used to use an HP monitor, and since the PC is next to the sofa, I am viewing it on an angle slightly above me when I lie on the sofa, and the images show up fine. But this Acer monitor that I'm using, when I view the monitor from the same angle, the images are "blackened" because I'm not directly in front of it. I'm not sure if any of you have noticed this, but some monitors do have better view when you're not directly in front of it. Do you have any complaints about your monitor? I now know better to avoid buying Acer monitors.

#1Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anyone here still using TFT monitors? I do and still believe they are the worst monitors ever made.

Anyway, having used a number of different CRT monitors I couldn't help but notice that there was a huge difference in quality of their display. There was a time I'd been using an IBM monitor and though my monitor was somewhat older the the Samsung monitor one of my friends used, the images and even text were more pleasant to look at on the IBM monitor.

#2Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A TFT is also called an LCD monitor, right? I use that, both of the monitors that I mentioned are LCD monitors. So you mean CRT monitors display better images than LCD monitors? We also had a CRT monitor, but when it broke last 2008 it was replaced by LCD, so I can't recall which one had better image output. I do know that Acer monitors display somewhat bland, pale colors as compared to the CRT and the HP monitor, lol.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to think they were all the same but nowadays with lots more choices and lots of devices I've seen as examples it has become clear to me that not all screens are made equally. Some definitely look cheaper and it plays a big factor on which product I will buy. The PS vita, for example, which is a portable gaming device sold by Sony, sold a new and cheaper version of their device, and while it still looks okay, you can tell that a big part of the price cut came from saving a little on the expense from buying a better screen.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DrRipley@DrRipley, If that's the case then consumers must be wary of getting a newer but cheaper version of their consoles, because the quality of the screen will be affected. I think if that's the case then customers who want better screen quality just ought to get the more expensive version.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    To be fair, the newer screens weren't all that bad, just cheaper and maybe a little less bright, but it's still definitely of good quality and far off from the actual cheap knock off consoles quality. I think it was released more just to give consumers a choice on whether to spend a lot and get higher quality materials or spend less if they didn't mind the slight adjustment in quality.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Computer monitors have their own quality and mostly the later models have better resolution. My computer monitor at home is a Samsung flat monitor that I bought in 2009. It's still good although I know the newer models have clearer display. The tv we bought late last year is also a flat Samsung, 40 inches and it has a much clearer display than my computer monitor.