Different browsers

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Strykstar • Oct 9, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you always use the same browser or use different ones for different things?
    I myself prefer browsing in Chrome, but if I'm watching something on a stream I start up Firefox, it just feels like it works better for that.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also use different browsers for different purposes. For basic browsing I usually use a light-weight browser [K-Meleon]. When visiting sites that rely heavily on javascript for functionality I use Firefox because K'Meleon doesn't work well when Javascript is enabled.

As for videos, I prefer to download them so I can watch them later when I'm not on the net.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome most of the time. It's my go-to browser. There are certain times that I switch to Firefox, it just depends on the website. I have Chrome's settings perfect for how I want it now, and everything is stored. I hate having to reenter my information into different browsers so I tend to stick with Chrome.

Though some sites don't work with Chrome and that is usually where my use of Firefox comes into play.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I switched from Safari to Firefox which used to be my back up but kept crashing. I still have bookmarks on there so I go back to it whenever I need to. I've never been a chrome fan, but have used it a couple of times. It's a back up, but I hate it trying to synch with my gmail. The only thing is firefox has so many updates, it's annoying when I am in the middle of something and don't want to restart!

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a huge fan of Firefox. I also have Chrome and IE on my system but I rarely touch them. I use them sometimes for no real reason, just for the sake of using something else I guess. But for me Firefox is simply the best browser.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome more than anything else, but I'll use Opera often because it's a far lighter browser than most, including Firefox and Chrome. It's lacking in certain features and capabilities, but it's faster than a lot of browsers for basic websites and slower connections. Chrome is my preferred browser, even though it's resource intensive on systems when you've got too many tabs open, since it creates each tab in its own environment so that one page crashing doesn't crash every other tab.

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome. I just got used to it way back when Firefox was giving me issues because of faulty RAM stick I had, and I had to settle for Chrome. Never really cares to look back since. I do have Firefox installed as well, and use it very rarely on sites that don't work for me in Chrome (since I have installed a bunch of script-blocking extensions that prevent cross-scripting among other things), but that's about it.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, not anymore. I exclusively use Chrome because it's the most consistent browser and the interface is just more user friendly than the other popular ones. I also trust the security options on Chrome more the IE and Firefox. And there's really just no reason to use different browsers for different things to me. It just creates unnecessary hassle that's not needed.

9. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I use both Google Chrome and Firefox as my main browsers. I prefer Firefox because I can customize it exactly how I want it to look and function and it is still reliable and fast. I use it mainly for entertainment purposes, whenever I feel like going on Youtube or just browse for random things Firefox is my go to browser.
    Chrome, on the other hand, I use exclusively for work related things, the simple way it works lends itself for that kind of thing. Doing this I set my mind up to work or play depending on which I'n using, and it works brilliantly.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I use different browsers for different purposes too. I mainly use Chrome for leisure because I tend to use lots of tabs when I'm browsing my favorite sites and forums and Chrome seems to be the lightest and most able to handle it on my slower computers.
    I use Firefox for work related tasks since I don't need to use as many tabs and I prefer to keep my saved passwords on my work related sites separate from my leisurely tasks.

11. Hamz10

Hamz10Member

Threads:
    I use a mixture of Chrome and FireFox. I like both of them but Chrome is just a bit faster in my opinion, so I tend to use it more that FireFox. But they're both exceptional browsers!

12. calebmelvern

Threads:
    Is it just me or Firefox is having some issues? It crashes sometimes when I use private browsing. It's a shame because I'm a huge Firefox fan and always recommend it to other people. Waiting for an update. I'm stuck with Chrome right now.

13. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly use Opera browser, because it's simple and does not have all the pop-ups like Chrome, Netscape, Internet Explorer, and Firefox do. Also, it has less users, so less traffic is being used on Opera search engine. Another less known search engine is Startpage, which is pretty good, but still needs some innovation inputted into it's programming.

I only use Chrome or Firefox, when certain sites and options are not available on Opera.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome for browsing and Firefox for working online. I would love to find an alternative to Chrome because it has become a memory hog lately. Firefox has been giving me problems too, but I still feel pretty loyal to it.

15. calebmelvern

Threads:
    The interesting thing is that the big names often fall short when it comes to mobile browsing. From my experience, Firefox and Chrome are lackluster on my android device. I have tried several browsers on my mobile, and my favorite by far is CM Browser. It's ultra-fast. Makes me wonder why the big names are lagging so far behind in terms of stability. But they still have a major share of the market just by looking at the download numbers.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use different ones for different things these days, I just stick with my go-to chrome browsers. It has all the settings that I prefer and works well enough for the vast majority of what I want to do. I used to switch back and forth between chrome and firefox depending on what I was doing, but lately I'm chrome only.

17. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have several different browsers on my computer but I mostly use chrome. If something acts up in it I'll check it in a different one. I mostly use chrome out of habit, I think. I used to use firefox but Chrome runs faster for me.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always use Chrome for browsing. I sometimes use Opera or IE when I need to open another email account when I'm already signed in to another account and I don't wanna log out.

19. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I use Chrome because I am using a Chromebook most of the time. However, when I use my PC, I just use Firefox. There are times when Chrome becomes very sluggish.

20. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    Chrome has been my go to browse for last 2-3 years now. I use it for almost all kind of stuff, but when it comes to streaming, I feel that Firefox has an upper hand.