Digital movie vs Retail.

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by daimashin • Jan 5, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Which medium is the better choice when comes to purchasing movies? I know that digital copies are cheaper but they are also on some kind of rental period meaning there's an expiration date, something non-existant on retails but retails are higher in price. Do you purchase digital version or own the retail discs?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Five years ago, I would have said that digital was cheaper, but these days, the price of this type of entertainment has risen. So, it really depends on who has the best sale. Whenever I go to the drug store, I check for $1 and $5 videos. I also check for deals on iTunes as well.

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I remember 7 years ago I used to buy a lot of physical copies of the movies because I was a big collector of movies. Now, I would just buy or rent digital copies of the movies because it's convenient for me to just pay for the movies and watch them anytime I want. Plus, I have a storage drive that can store about 100 movies, which I can watch them anymore on my computer or smartphone.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I go for physical copies anytime. However, I only buy second-hand DVDs most of the time. Their quality normally is OK but the advantage is that they come very cheap. And oh, the sole reason I buy DVDs is because I have a number of movie-buff friends who're also into buying physical copies of movies. Once they're done watching the movies they've bought, we normally exchange. . .it's cool, saves us some money.

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    If its something I think I'll only watch once then digital downloads are definitely the way to go, if its something I've really enjoyed then I may pick up a physical copy however. Not only do I prefer having an actual physical copy in my hands but it does usually have superior quality over a digital download.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy dvds or blu-rays on retail anymore... I only watch digital movies. I used to collect dvds, but I don't even own a dvd player anymore! After my last one broke I never bought another one - I never felt the need for one.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Your post reminds me the benefit of buying a physical copy. Having a physical copy means I can lend it to a friend and borrow one from a friend. These days digitals are so prevalent that many people opt to buy digitals but I feel that digitals lack the human touch. I remember back at school, me and my friends used to exchange all kinds of stuff like books, CDs, and stuff. These days, borrowing and lending are near extinct.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that if you are going to purchase, then it is better to go all in and just by the real physical copy. And you can keep it and treasure it for life. Getting an actual product that wont expire on you.