Dinner Out

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by barkingsquirrel • May 1, 2015.

1. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    At the end of a busy work week, I like to go out for a relaxing meal at one of my favorite restaurants. If I'm choosing, it'll be something like Thai or maybe pizza. Do you like to go out to restaurants? How often do you go out for dinner? What is your favorite type of food to eat when you go out?

2. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I enjoy dining out at least twice a month as a treat to myself. Usually, I like going to either a seafood or exotic restaurants with friends. My favorite dishes are chicken curry, lamb curry, samosa, lobster, clams and fish. Sometimes, I will venture out from my usual and try something different. I also like going to restaurants like Bob Evans, or International House Of Pancakes for a good breakfast. It really depend on my mood and what I feeling that particular day for.

3. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I love going out for dinner if I can afford it. My favourite is Mexican but I love pizza and Chinese too! Pizza for me is more of a take out thing though rather than a sit down dinner kinda meal.

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We got into the habit of going out to eat way too much and really felt it in both our waistlines and our wallet, so now we limit it to once a week. Usually we go out on Friday nights, and we have a little dinner club of sorts. We meet up with our very good friends and their families and all catch up on our week. It's a nice little tradition we started, and we try to rotate restaurants and try new places too. To save a little money, we have started looking for places that are BYOB.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just took my family out for birthday dinners. I have three birthdays in one week. We went to a mexican restaurant it was a good time for us all. It was a little cold in there so I ate fast so we could get out of there.

6. readytogocable

readytogocableNew Member

Threads:
    I think everyone should go at least once in week for getting space from daily routine

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love eating out, that's really my one main indulgence! When money permits, we can eat out at least 2 times a week. I love food, so I'm not too choosey, as long as it's well made. Among my many favourite cuisines are Chinese, Italian, Korean, Indian and some Thai dishes :)

8. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    While I like chicken jeel Frazee and pizza.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I seldom go out to eat any more for a variety of reasons. On the rare occasion that I do go out to eat, I try to schedule it during the "off hours" when the place is dead and hardly has any customers, like around 2:30 or so, when the lunch rush is long over but the dinner rush is still a couple hours away. We'll get much better service then, since we're typically the only people sitting in that servers section at that time. In addition, the kitchen isn't swamped, so our food comes out cooked much better instead of being rushed and sloppy.

The other thing is, most restaurant seating is really uncomfortable imo. They try to cram too much seating in many restaurants these days at the expense of comfort. I hate sitting in booths where the table is right up against my stomach/chest - I get really claustrophobic and nervous.

Also, since there are now services who will deliver food from all the local fine dining places right to your home for a small fee ($5-$6), I've been taking advantage of that on some weekend nights, when I'm craving some of their menu items, but I don't feel like getting dressed up, waiting in lines for a table, and being packed in a crowded restaurant.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:When I was younger and we had money we went out every weekend to our favorite restaurant on Kapiolani Blvd, Columbia Inn. The owner now is gone, but he was a humble man who came by and say hello and thank you waiting to hear what you had to say about your dining experience which makes you feel important. We'd enjoy ourselves every weekend with our favorites meals. My favorite meal was beef cutlet with mash potatoes and vegetables with Boston creme pie for dessert. Today we are on a tight budget, older and eat at home mostly.:rolleyes:

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't cook that much so we order take out most nights of the week, but on weekends sometimes we do like to eat somewhere more special. The reason we eat out regularly though is because the price is pretty much the same for buying the ingredients and spending money on gas and soap for cleanup afterwards, not to mention the time and effort it takes. Having found cheap places with somewhat healthier dishes, we usually just frequent those places instead since they aren't very expensive anyway.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely go out for dinner, i prefer to stay home and eat at home. But when i do go out and if i am picking it;s usually mexican or chinese. Where i live most of my fav places offer take out or delievery so i usually get my food to go so that i can come home unwind and enjoy my food.

13. mooray

moorayNew Member

Threads:
    I like to be versatile. I can go to a pizza restaurant same way I can enjoy going to a chicken inn. But what I enjoy most is those restaurants that you are part of the cooking.

14. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    We don't usually ever go out to eat. We have 2 small kids so it's kind of hard for them to be patient and such. We like to be quick, so my husband might grab something on the way home, or we'll go pick up something that's quick to make. If we go out to eat though, we usually go for Mexican food. There's a restaurant called Hacienda Colorado and it's so good. A little expensive for what you get and there's not many menu items, but delicious nonetheless. That's another reason why we don't go out to eat very often. It's more expensive than just getting something quick the whole family enjoys. But it is nice when we go to a restaurant and get our family time. That's fun.