Direct TV On My Last Good Nerve....

Discussion in Digital & Web TV started by Farrah • Jul 11, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    So, I am watching Teen Mom on MTV last night, with all the banners from viacom and Direct tv battling at the bottom of the screen that we may be losing the channels, Direct TV is saying don't worry, we always manage to work things out... then bam, the channel goes out as well as many others! WTH?? SO I am paying the same monthly bill, and I am down like 50 channels.... ARRRGH I need MTV, TVLAND, WE and Nickatnite.....

2. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I have only had bad experiences in the past with DirectTV. I let a friend use my bank card to pay her deposit (she put the money in) because she didn't have one. She then signed her contract, I didn't even live there and didn't sign. When she defaulted on her bill they docked MY account because "it was in the contract" after arguing that I didn't sign it so it was not binding, I got my bank involved, and got my money back. Now I wouldn't use them if they were the last provider on earth!

3. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I had a similar situation with Insight, but I think the loss of our channels was due to the president of the particular network ( FOX ) in my town. Apparently FOX/WDRB 41 didn't want to pay the price hike that Insight/Time Warner was instituting, and apparently it was a regularly paid fee. But of course, one way for the rich to get richer is to screw over someone beneath them. It was only out for like a week or so, he got a lot of hate mail and angry phone calls for his refusal to pay the fees owed to Insight. But it was the simple fact that a head honcho somewhere, at any time can decide, 'Welp, I'm not paying these bums! Who needs-' and certain services, some that might actually be detrimental or neglected. Not through the fault of the consumer, but the person the consumer is making filthy rich.

4. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I have the same issue with Direct TV. Every time we try to cancel they remind us about the $200 fee and they offer to give us free Showtime for 3 months just to stay. It's so annoying, but we can't cut our service just yet.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    lol, thats what they offered when i called yesterday. Free Showtime. After waiting on hold for almost an hour. I really wish was a way for me getting out of the contract I hate being locked in like this. Free Showtime? Not good enough....

6. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    Personally, traditional cable and satellite providers are on everyone's last nerve these days.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Love the title of this thread! I hope you write for a living, as you write in a very entertaining tone. Yes, so many companies are increasingly getting on my nerves too...especially when they give so little and expect so much in return. Then they expect one to be so grateful for the scraps they give...what a joke. I just always say..."do not mess with my entertainment" (-:

Hope it all gets sorted out for you, soon as.

8. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    This isn't really limited to Direct TV. I have never had a cable service that hasn't had these legal issues and chance of dropping channels. I don't use DTV but I was thinking of switching since they give so many discounts and the NFL package free right now. I am hesitant to do this and was hoping these boards would shed some light but it is really just a lot of bitching and moaning over something that has little to do with actual Direct TV.

How are you going to gripe about getting free premium channels? If you want to cancel you will find a way...it just seems easier to cry about it on the internet. I have an idea from working in customer service...have your spouse call in and say you died. Problem solved...

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'll tell you to go ahead with DirecTV. I've had it for years and I love it. I've found them to be cheaper than regular cable providers, but with more channels and features.

10. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    DirectTV did nothing for us but give us grief. The bill was inconsistent, the service was crappy and well the list could go on. I would not recommend them to anybody - ever! We went to cable and have not looked back since.

11. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    If you are going to make a recommendation, whether positive or negative, you should really give a real reason as opposed to half-assed empty answer. What did they give you grief over? What about the service was the issue? The list can go on...but it didn't. Your post count did go up though...interesting.

12. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    Not through the fault of the consumer, but the person the consumer is making filthy rich.