Discount sites for Electronics?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alaska7 • Jul 11, 2012.

1. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    I'm wondering if any of you at DontPayFull have any tips for me on websites that sell electronics for cheap prices (I'm specifically interested in buying high quality in-ear headphones, not sure if that would impact anyone's answer...). I have used Newegg in the past to purchase a laptop with which I'm really happy, and their shipping costs were reasonable. Any tips?

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    For these kinds of things, you can always select Amazon or even eBay as your places to purchase headphones. I've purchased from these sites and the items have been fairly priced.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Tiger Direct.com has a nice selection of earphones and their prices are affordable. They're my second choice my first is Newegg. I need some headphones because mine don't work anymore. I would like to find a place where they sell wireless headphones because the cord on seems to always give out.

#3Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Ron Swanson asking for advice? Well that's new...

Just kidding, great avatar :p You can try DealExtreme (dx.com) or maybe FocalPrice (focalprice.com) for really cheap electronics, with free shipping. You get what you pay for, though, so don't expect a product with very high quality.

5. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    Haha thanks! Ron Swanson doesn't mess around when it comes to using quality discount electronic sites, even if it takes asking for advice...
    I figure as long as I have a specific product in mind, those sites should be a good resource. And Adeal4u, Tigerdirect is another great recommendation, I've had no experience with them. Amazon will probably be my first stop, though.

6. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    Amazon has a very wide range of products and fairly cheap prices, but you can also check eBay and Newegg.com :)

7. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    In addition you can also save some money using online sites, especially if you are purchasing items like laptops and electronics regularly from certain retailers by using

! Here is a link to the site:

I recommend giving it a try for your headphones purchase if the site is there! For example Newegg is listed as one of the sites. Sadly Amazon does not allow you to get cash back on purchase in departments like electronics, but there may be others you're interested in. Give it a glance. I also appreciate if you use my referral link if you're really interested!

Oh, almost forgot there is a site called Fat Wallet my brother has always recommended to me before I go out purchasing and looking for sales on electronics and all sorts of things. A lot of other friends also seem to like it. I'd give it a glance too. ^__^

Best of luck shopping!

8. tetutato

tetutatoActive Member

Threads:
    You could logicbuy.com... They seem to have good deals up.

9. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Typically I find my things on eBay. Amazon tends to be more expensive. I always make sure, however, that the eBay seller is trustworthy and oftentimes I make sure they have a return policy in case it is not in the condition it says it is.

10. sinuous

sinuousNew Member

Threads:
    I'd have to agree with the majority, go for something like eBay or Amazon, they are the biggest sellers in the market, and have the best service. Also there's a variety of products and sellers to chose from.

11. Andeh

AndehNew Member

Threads:
    I don't have any more suggestions than what has already been put out there, but I do have some advice for the in-ear headphones - RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

My wife was wanting a new pair of high quality headphones since her noise cancelling Bose had died; almost dropped 300 bones for the Beats by Dre Studio headphones, but we looked into a little more and found the Sennheiser 598s. When you compare the two, technically speaking, the Sennheiser is superior and you can tell when you listen to them as well!

We almost fell afoul of the name brand tax, but luckily thanks to some research, got BETTER headphones for $60 less than the Beats.

12. slamoutte

slamoutteNew Member

Threads:
    I always check amazon and overstock when I'm looking for anything. I just bought a samsung tablet and some accessories from amazon. I tend to stay away from eBay because it's sometimes difficult to determine the quality and whether or not you are buying something new or used.

13. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my electronics from Tiger Direct, Ebay if its nothing too serious as the fakes abound, Amazon and I will to my local Future Shop if the prices aren't bad. I love ebay but you are throwing the dice if you buy anything big on there unless you do your homework.

14. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Newegg is the cheapest I've used.

One suggestion I can offer though is that sometimes the actual site of the company will have a special deal for purchasing directly - be it a cheaper price or free shipping. Logitech is one company that I know has these occasionally.

15. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    This is definitely a good call. My last laptop I bought was an HP directly from their site. I included all of the highest possible specifications, and the the total came out to about $950, while a comparable HP stock laptop from any other site ran for about $1100 because of the middle man and shipping fees. If possible, buy direct!