Discovering New Music Online

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • May 15, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Where do you guys get your music recommendations? I usually just get titles from my friends, but they don't always have suggestions, and sometimes I'm left with just my old library that I've played so many times over. So how do/did you discover some of the most favorite pieces of music that you have now? Also if you guys would recommend some newly found songs you like here that would be great too. :)

2. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I discover music watching people play games. They usually listen to music while playing games so I search for their playlist online. I've found some great playlists in my time. One song I really like, and am listening a lot the past few days is "Rob Viktum - 4/17/1975" I really like the song.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    YouTube is a great way to discover new music. I have found myself looking for a particular video for a song I like and after it is done, I'll look through the list of other videos and have found some new bands and songs that way. One video leads to another and before I know it, I have spent hours listening to new stuff!

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually just browse the genres on Pandora and listen to the stations and when I find a song I like I write it down so I can add it to my playlist also I watch music video channels sometimes to get some new songs.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes when i have the free time, i go to youtube and i random search for new songs, which made me find some pretty good artists. Aside from that, i get all my music recommended from this place called what.cd

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have stopped keeping up with new music online nowadays. I just find out about new music when I manage to listen to the radio or when my niece watches MTV. When I need new music to listen to, I simply go to MP3 raid and download some songs there for free.

7. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Have you tried Songza? It's like Pandora, but with less ads and they have awesome playlists put together by music experts. I love their playlists! I just let Songza run when I have gatherings too. My favorite is their Indie section, nature sounds and 90s hits.

8. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a subscription to emusic and this allowed me to be introduced to new artist but after I got pandora, I no longer saw a point in paying for music. Myspace used to be a fun place to discover new music too. Wow.. That was so long ago, I just realized I am getting old. :eek:. I don't listen to the radio much these day because this generation of music makes me sad. These artist follow each other in circles.

9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite way to find out about new music is to personally subscribe to you tubers who like going over their personal favorite songs over the course of a month. In this way I get the best songs from every genre once I finish listening to all the reviews. Listening to the radio is also a great way as well as going to the radios website to see the top ten lists for each genre, etc.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just browsing music videos of various artists on Youtube is the easiest way to be updated with the latest music nowadays, and that's what I usually do. Sometimes I just listen to the radio using my phone or on my radio and cd player when I'm at home.

11. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I get a lot of my music from movies. I usually hear a song in the background that I like and then search until I find it. My friends introduce me to a lot of new music as well. I think it's fun to check out the recommendations from the sites that have music videos.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

12. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Last.fm, usually. And looking through the catalogues of labels whose music I enjoy.