Dish network angry, nasty employee

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by artifactsofmars • Jul 10, 2012.

1. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    I went into local dish network store one day and I was trying to get the service setup. I talked to a woman in the store and I really want pay the fee to have it set up because I thought I could set it up for myself.

When I told the saleswoman this, she got visibly angry with me. Apparently she did not care too much for the idea that I would try to set the thing up for myself and she made some nasty comments questioning my competence to do so.
    I was stunned that anyone can cop an attitude with a customer like. I wanted the service really badly so I went ahead and did it anyway but in hindsight I should have reported her. Anyone have any similar horror stories?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't dealt with DISH Network because I live in Florida and I think a satellite dish would be a bad idea during hurricane season.

But I think it's terrible that you had to deal with a rude person like that. You should report when you encounter bad service like that, because you don't want that sales associate to do that to other customers.

3. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    Remember that customers are the most important to businesses. The employee cops an attitude and that means less customers for the business. As a business owner in a tough competitive economy, I would want as much happy customers as possible. Never hesitate to report an employee who is rude and unprofessional because it is important for their employer to know that this bad egg is affecting their business.

4. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with ACSAPA. It is never too late to make a formal complaint in writing. She might have been having a bad day, but in a service industry, she had watch her temper and tongue, or she will only drive away potential customers.

5. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have Dish Network and didn't have to pay a set up fee. You need to call back and cancel your payment. Don't go to a local store, call their 800# and do it that way. Then it's free install.

6. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information. Her employer would not be happy with her performance. You want to be nice to potential customers, not run them away. O would have done what someone else said, cancel it. Then go back later through another channel.

7. workingmama

workingmamaNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with Mrs. Rogers, you should have had to pay a set up fee. I've been a customer for 2 or 3 years now and never had a problem with the customer service (on the telephone) unlike Directv which was always a problem. I would still call the 800# and talk to someone there maybe you could get your set up fee refunded or at least some free services (extra movie channels etc) for a certain number of months. Good luck :)

8. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure we didn't pay for set up either. I will warn you don't expect much when you call customer service. We've never had any luck with them. If they try to transfer you, get the direct number before they transfer you. My husband was disconnected 3 times in one night. Bless his heart he's more patient than I am. He kept calling until he got someone who would listen and fix the problem.

9. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I hate companies that don't bother with customer service!! GRRR! What a pain in the butt.

Is there any way you can call DISH and then complain? If they don't resolve your issue to your satisfaction, then get out. Give your money to a business that treats you right. Who are DISH's competitors?

10. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    Oh goodness...Where do I start with Dish? We were dedicated Dish customers for a number of years until we ran in to several problems with their customer service representatives. We had a repairman come over to fix the the Dish receiver in the upstairs room, but he ended up destroying a perfectly good T.V. in the process. When we tried filing a complaint at customer service, they basically blew us off and made it like the repairman never even came to our house. This was probably the worst customer service we'd ever received, EVER!

We are now happy customers of AT&T's U-Verse.

11. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I've never had Dish Network, but I have a friend that had really bad service, so I never went there. I don't watch a ton of tv either so I guess it wouldn't make a lot of sense. I live in Florida and would also be a little concerned about having a dish when it rains hard as I've heard some people complain about. I currently have Verizon VIOS and have had the best service of anywhere (at least so far). I thought it was going to be the most expensive one too because I've heard it was good, but it's cheaper than Bright House in my area.

12. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    Ok first of all WOW. This is amazing timing. We are moving in the near future and thought about after we move that we would consider finally getting Dish. But after reading all of the posts here by customers who would know I am serious staying away! Thanks everyone for the awesome input and truly sorry you had aweful service with Dish. You are right companies should have GOOD customer service.

13. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    You should have reported her OP! She deserves to be fired. You cannot treat customers like that. You should have said "Well I can make sure you don't have a job tomorrow if you keep the attitude up."