Diy Gifts

Discussion in Misc & Others started by kana_marie • May 5, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only one here who has come up short at Christmas time. Some years it is just impossible to be able to buy nice presents for everyone, and you have to make one or two.

The best one I have ever made was for my mom. I bought a cheap picture frame that held 16 different photos. I printed off pictures of her 4 grand kids and gave each grand kid their own row of 4 pictures. Mom loved it!! It went on her wall and hasn't been taken down sincemthenday she got it.

What's the best Diy Christmas you have ever made?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last time I gave a DIY gift, I was very young and I gave my mom a bunch of handmade cards. I never made a DIY gift ever since. I also have received a couple of DIY gifts in the form of homecooked meals.

3. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    Last year, for my boyfriends parents. I hadn't actually met them or his brothers, but I get really into the Christmas spirit and want to spread good cheer to everybody!
    I got a big basket and lined it with a piece of Christmas fabric, then filled it with lots of different festive foods- homemade Christmas cake and minced pies, homemade jam and chutney, some candy canes, some gingerbread men- and then tied a big ribbon around the handle.
    They loved it and said it was really sweet of me, and it made a good first impression. I think handmade gifts can come across as more thoughtful actually. I know my parents and grandparents love getting homemade cards from my little boy each Christmas and birthday, it just makes it a bit special.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Just like Natalie, the best DIY Christmas I've ever made was a gift basket, similar to this one but mine was wrapped in clear cellophane so stuff won't fall off:

33-104-large.

I once created an anime cross stitch and was planning to give it as a gift to a friend but it came out looking great and so I just kept it for myself. :D

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Oh! My younger cousin did something like this as well for my grandmother for Christmas, its a cute DIY gift idea. I think the best one that I did was buying a dollar store pot and painting it with different characters that my cousin loved. It featured different Disney princesses all running around the pot. It was great fun to see the final outcome and to see her face light up when I gave it to her. :)

6. Barry Walker

Barry WalkerNew Member

Threads:
    I have been living away from my parents for around 10 years. Due to my busy work schedule, I hardly get any time to visit them. I miss them a lot. :(

Christmas is one such occasion which I try not to miss out. I used to travel all day long to meet my parents on Christmas.

Pictures are one such way which can help in reliving your old moments. Therefore, on last Christmas I gifted my parents a 5 Openings Collage Picture Frame.

My parents were so happy to receive that gift. I just can't share the feelings of that moment. :)

#6Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will always try to make my own gifts whenever I get the chance, because it not only means that I am able to save money, but also means that the gift that I give to friends and family will mean a lot more to them than it would have done if I had bought it in the store. I also enjoy doing things like arts and crafts, because it keeps me busy, which I like. And the gifts are always appreciated, which means that everyone is definitely a winner!

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm a graphics designer so I sometimes just make some designs to give to people and the best part about it is that the only thing I have to spend money on is printing, aside from the huge amount of time and effort I have to put into it, that is. I've been wanting to get a few framed for some of the people I especially care for but unfortunately framing costs a lot so I usually just give them the posters. I think this is one of the best ways of giving gifts since you get to save money and the person you're giving it to will more likely appreciate that you put in effort to the gift as opposed to just buying something.