DIY Improvements That One Shouldn't Attempt?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Jul 4, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In a bid to save money some people may try to do stuff themselves that ends up costing them more than it would have had they just called in a handyman or professional to do the job. I remember hearing a story about someone who thought he was a good enough electrician getting the shock of his life after wiring his basement and hitting the switch. The man almost died.

What Diy yourself home improvements do you think are too risky to attempt?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Electricity improvements you already mentioned, and I agree. It's the one thing I'd rather pay someone to do instead of doing myself and failing miserably, because failure when playing with electricity can mean death. Another thing I wouldn't play with is plumbing, especially if you live in a flat. Imagine that you make some mistakes and flood some of the neighboring apartments - that's one costly mistake!

3. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, you don't mess around with electricity. I know some men who can do it, and I know some men who should no even go near any wires. Plumbing is another one, if you do not know what you're doing, just don't touch it. I can fix a few things here and there, I was taught young. My husband is NOT a handyman and neither am I. We call a friend or maintenance if anything breaks, because we know we'd break it further, or cause a fire, or hurt someone, trying to fix stuff.