DIY Paint by Numbers Kit

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by lindbergh • Apr 27, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I may have found a cheap, but interesting gift that you can give for any occasion. It's called the Diy Paint by Numbers Kit. It's actually a painting kit. It has a canvass, some paint, and a brush. What makes it unique? Check out the pic below:

The canvass in the kit already contains an outline of a picture. And it has numbers written all over it which corresponds to the color that you should paint. It allows the user to be creative while at the same time be guided. After painting, you'll have your own masterpiece. Neat huh? It only costs about 5 bucks too.

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I never really thought about giving craft items to my friends as gifts, but this looks like it could be neat. I think anyone would like to create a painting, because they could display it!

3. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    Nice picture!!! It is looking beautiful.
    Very good idea and great job.
    Congratulations.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, it's definitely nice isn't it? It allows the recipient to have fun painting on a canvass and (slightly) ensures that the output would turn out nice because there's already a pattern to follow. It's like you're giving a toy and a display item at the same time. Also, it's very affordable so you won't have to spend a fortune just to give a gift.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I remember these things from my childhood. Unfortunately children are not all that adept when it comes to painting and they never quite turned out the way they looked in the pictures. These are a neat idea and great fun for kids but part of painting is mixing and blending with brush strokes. This is a technique that I have never mastered but it makes all the difference in the world. Using the numbers this way tends to make hard lines between adjacent segments and give the image a computer generated look.

A similar product that is out there is needlepoint images. My grandmother used to make them. Each bit was done with a different colour of yarn and it produced a viable scene as well.