Do any of you guys still play video games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crazyman1090 • Oct 27, 2014.

1. crazyman1090

crazyman1090Member

Threads:
    I played quite a bit of video games as a teenager, and I still play them sometimes when I want to have fun today. It's really awesome to see how far video games have improved compared to back in the early 1990's and 2000's. Do any of you guys play video games anymore? If so, which games? I personally am a fan of League of Legends and Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

2. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    Yes I do still play video games. If you were a regular gamer as a teen you can not help be a gamer still to this day. The graphics and gameplay are NOT just for kids. Gaming has quickly become the thing to do if you have spare time. I remember when Sony introduced the first ever Playstation. I was a fan then, and I am an even bigger fan now. The video games have become so huge and so realistic that they are producing profits larger than blockbuster movies. That is HUGE! So who ever says games are just for kids, just tell then, I don't think so".

3. randomdude

randomdudeMember

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention some of my favorite games and what platform. I am, and will always be a huge fan of the Sony Playstation platform. Currently I own the Sony Playstation 4 console. Although I am willing to play and enjoy every game that comes out, I would have to my favorite game has to be the first person Battlefeild series of games. The gameplay is so fluid and realistic that I almost can not beleive it.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I still play games, but I'm really slow in completing them, so I have an abundance of them that I simply need to get to. However, I am probably going to go ahead and get an Xbox One during this price drop that they have for the upcoming holiday season. It's right in line with what I would want to pay for it and I may have a few more hours to play coming up.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wait, how did they improve from the 90s and 00s? They are still the same, only with updated graphics.. I don't think games actually got any REALLY significant rehaul since the old 8bit and 16bit era days, and even then there were titles on PC that are like contemporary games. The only actual evolution I can see is the ease and prevalence of online play..

But on topic, yes, I play videogames all the time. No reason not to. :p

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people play video games. And rumors have it that women these days play them more than men. Online mostly. Anyway since almost everyone else is playing video games wouldn't it be unlikely that someone [like me] who spends most of his time sitting in front of their PC wouldn't play any video games? Like most other people, I too, play video games but not as much as I used to in the past.

7. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I used to play a lot of MMORPGs as a teen. Ragnarok was my favorite by far. I played that game for about 5 years. I also loved playing Counter Strike with my friends after classes. Those were good times. I don't play a lot anymore, just a game or two of League of Legends every week.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I still play video games but admittedly I never really played them that much. I'm more of a casual gamer and I never really played many games that I felt compelled to obsess over or finish so I haven't finished that many games. That said, I do obsess over some but these days I'm finding it harder to find one to sink my teeth into because they are getting more and more complicated whereas my taste for video games has always been right around medium level of complexity. I mostly just play on my mobile devices now.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely, I still play and collect video games on Steam as a hobby. With a digital platform like Steam it is really cheap and convenient to discover and play all kinds of games, with some rare indie gems that you may have otherwise missed out on.

With the rise in popularity of games like DotA 2, League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive featuring Esports competitions with multi-million dollar prize pools, gaming has become a mainstream hobby without the stigma associated with people involved, unlike ten years ago. As someone in his twenties, I am not ashamed to say that I play videogames and I know many other people who do the same!

10. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I have a massive Steam library backlog. My most played game clock in about 160 hours. The rest with 30 or 40, and yet I have not finished them. Yes, I play games still. I have always been a gamer, and I think I will remain as a gamer once I get even older. I envision myself as a gaming senior. Heck, it is possible that a lot of people in my generation will be gaming seniors.

There is no real reason to stop playing video games. Well, reduced hours probably, but to entirely stop playing is beyond what I would do. I am a gamer!

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a figure from a study made by tracking everything that resembles a video game. So basically, that only applies to casual gamers. Actual gaming is still dominated by men by a long haul.

12. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I still play video games when I have nothing else to do. It is a great way to pass time on a boring day. My husband and brother plays them all the time and it gets kind of annoying because it has gotten where I have no alone time with my husband.

13. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have much time to play them these days but I try to do the exercise function on Just Dance at least once a week since I don't get any besides walking the dogs around the block. I hope to play Sims 3 again soon because to me that's not a game but an experience. I have to get a new computer sadly to be able to play decently.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a mother and I still play video games. My daughter plays video games as well. Sometimes, we play multiplayer. It's just one of those things that some people just don't grow out of. With gaming, I don't necessarily think you need to.

15. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to play a lot of games on my PS1 when I was still in high school. I loved to play these awesome horror games:

and I also loved to play versus games like Tekken 3, Soul Blade, Destrega, and Rival Schools. But, I think that tastes change. As I grew older, I played less and less video games. I still occasionally play on my mobile device but I don't do it as often as before. I no longer have the urge to play console games like I had in the past. I can still play though but I'm no longer as awed as a teenager.

16. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    Yes, but very seldom. I got a bit busy from work and school, and I can only find some spare time during breaks. And whenever I could, I do play some online and mobile games. These days, I've been a huge fan of this game called "Clash of Clans." It's just like Red Alert or Generals but with a more childish and cute interface. I know that this might sound silly, but yes, I'm enjoying it.