Do men have to be the ones buying flowers and gifts?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by nhsososo4 • Nov 12, 2013.

1. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    In this day and age, with civilization and the equal rights situation between men and women taking over. Do you think that in relationships it is still the sole responsibility of a men to be the one buying gifts and flowers or do women also have to play their part now.

Men often complain that women wants things to be equal when it suits them and yet when it comes to certain things they are very good at wanting for ways to remain as was done in the olden days. Thus the question, is it now fair on men, or are women just taking advantage of the whole situation.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't want it to remain as it was lol. But we also grow up on fairy tales and the idea of being swept off our feet is force fed to us as the man doing the sweeping while the woman sits on her butt all pretty and stuff lol. it's hard to let go of the romantic ideas we've always known.. even for me, who isn't typically about things being a man thing or a woman thing. When it comes to the romantic gestures though, I am one to spoil them right back. I love surprising people and showing them what they mean to me.

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Some woman of course are taking advantage of the situation however I feel that many. Purples still want romantic moments in their relationship so therefore I feel like many men should still do this act.
    Everything usually falls into place when true love exists so I'm sure you can single out the people who actually pull materialistic things out of the other.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I like the controversy that arises with your question. I enjoy giving gifts to the people I love, especially women. However, I also enjoy the fact of receiving gifts. Unfortunately we live in a judgmental society and women don't dare to make such gifts to men, but I think it is an option that you must consider.

The difference is that a man gives flowers at first to tell you that wants something with you, on the first date, at 3 months ... whereas a woman would give flowers to say, "I know you well enough to know that you like without affecting this to your manhood". That is, after 6 months. :p

5. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I think there's nothing wrong with women giving men flowers and gifts. But when it comes to these types of gifts, I think it is best for a man to buy it for a woman because of what it signifies and because women generally love that kind of stuff. Most men don't get all gushy over a bouquet of flowers. But they will get gushy over tickets to a particular game or a new electronic. So women should gift men this.

But really, I don't see why there are some many problems now with men giving women gifts and doing other traditionally gentlemanly things. Men should be doing this stuff because they want to, because they want to show appreciation to their women. And they should allow women to show appreciation in the way they choose. Gifts don't always have to be bought. It can be as simple as a girlfriend washing your clothes, cooking you dinner, rubbing your back...

6. sulayman

sulaymanBanned

Threads:
    Yes men have to be the ones to buy the flowers as women are the ones that really value and take care of the flowers. I think that if a girl brought me flowers, they would be dead in the next week or so. They do not have the same impact on guys as girls

7. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not, this is especially true if it is a same sex relationship, either sex. I think that anyone can buy gifts on either side of the relationship.