Do New Clothes Make You Feel Good?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Sunshine • Mar 7, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I love clothes and I love shopping for a bargain. Ross Dress for Less and Marshall's are two of my favorite stores. I can always find something decent for around $10.

A new top specifically always makes me feel great. Especially if it is a happy and uplifting color (which is hard for me to find, I like peach, electric blue, faded pink...). Anyways it always gives me a little boost to find a great top and wear it the first few times.

Do you find new clothes ever give you a quick pick-me-up?

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The majority of my clothes are "new-to-me" but I still feel good when I'm wearing them. Because I shop at thrift stores, I can buy brands for a fraction of thier usual cost. So I feel fantastic when I'm wearing them, knowing that I only paid £3-4!

3. rares209

rares209Member

Threads:
    Personally, I think that the only thing that can bring happiness when you buy some new clothes is the way they fit on you. I mean, it is not important how much they cont, what brand they are, if they fit me almost perfectly, then I love them.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    ^^I agree with this 100%. I do love new clothes. Something about the way they haven't been laundered and worn in. I also like something that fits just right, right when I need it, and is a deviation from my norm. Clothes tend to get old and "tired" looking after being worn a bunch. You know, faded, and kind of bagging in the wrong spots.

I think that's why they call it "retail therapy," haha.

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness Ross is like my kryptonite and so is Burlington coat factory. I totally feel you, a new outfit makes me feel great and I think I even walk with a little more swagger when I know I look good in new gear. I think it is a great confidence booster and feels great too!

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love new clothes, but I especially like the one's that my boyfriend's mother makes for me. :) She is a seamstress and can put anything together that I design myself. There is nothing more exiting for me but to go down the street to the fabric store, select the material I want and then just hand it over to my partner's mother with some drawings and descriptions. :)

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    New clothes can always be exciting to wear! Since it always nice to add to your wardrobe and wearing something new is fun! I love wearing new clothes, because it makes you feel all fresh and new yourself! There's just something so nice about new clothes. :D

8. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    Yes, clothes definitely make me feel good. Trying it on in the store, imagining where I could wear it, what I could pair it with, etc gives me such a thrill. All this is even better when it’s a superb deal. The excitement I have when I tell my boyfriend/friends/family how much of a discount I got is very rewarding!

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying clothes always make me feel good! As I have been on a really tight budget I haven't been able to buy pretty much anything lately, but whenever I can it gives me that rush of joy.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    New clothes do make me feel good. I can't really explain it. There's something psychological about the whole ordeal. Perhaps because of the factory smell. They also look neatly pressed. If the design is great enough (of course because I chose it), I'd feel even more motivated to wear it if it's new.

11. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like new clothes but I love a bargain. Not cheap but getting major labels for less than half the retail price. In fact, I'm due for a trip to Marshall's myself.

12. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes they do. Especially well-tailored and fitted suits. They are some of the most comfortable clothes on the planet. New shoes also make me feel good. It all comes down to how you feel about how good you look in your clothes. A nice fitting ensemble boosts confidence and raises self-esteem.

13. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    Yes indeed, new clothes do make me feel happy and refreshed, it is a good feeling, kind of like a reminder that you are a living progress, compared to when you do not buy anything new for yourself, it makes me feel that I do appreciate myself.

14. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I always feel real good when I find nice clothes that I can be proud to wear. I shop at both thrift stores and regular retail stores, so there is a variety of things for me to wear and I can shop within my budget. I try to find clothes first at the thrift store, because that is where I am going to get the best deal, and then venture out to the regular stores if I do not have any luck at the thrift stores.

15. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    If you're talking about brand new as opposed to "new to me" then absolutely. Since I'm on a tight budget, I usually do end up most of my clothing at thrift stores. But sometimes I just can't find what I'm looking for and I need to buy it new. And since I am so accustomed to buying and wearing used clothing, just having something brand new on my body, with that new factory smell is so awesome.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, there is definitely something about getting new clothes - more specifically, a full new outfit - that makes one feel good. I don't know why. Clothes can be a powerful mood changer. I mean, people who get up in the morning and get dressed are shown to be less likely to be depressed than those who stay in their night clothes instead, even if they have showered.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yeah it does make me feel good to put on some nice new clothes. I know it might seem shallow to some but I think it really does some good for your mind whenever you see yourself wearing something nice and new. I like buying lots of new clothes in bulk then trying them all on in one day.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don;t think that it sounds shallow in the least. There is such a thing as color therapy too. Those who have done a little bit of studying into that, also, will be able to cosign the effect that putting on new clothes has on the human psyche, I would think, whether that is a negative effect or a positive one.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only new clothes, I think when I get to buy something that I certainly don't need but I instantly wanted at first sight, then that makes me feel good already. :D But yeah, I guess the novelty of having new clothes will always make someone feel good.

20. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    It is shallow but yes it does :) I don't know what it is about new clothing that makes a person feel a bit prettier or better. Luckily, I am not a shopaholic or else I would be out of home and honey.