Do Not Use Orkin Ever!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Vicenta • Aug 24, 2015.

1. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    So, recently we have had 2 new members move in on each side of our home. Well, both new neighbors brought some unwelcomed guest, ROACHES! I hate roaches more than anything especially when they are in my home! So, I found 2 roaches and freaked out so I decided to get my home professionally sprayed. Well, we called orkin because they were the best priced local bug control. Well, like I said I had only seen and killed 2 roaches before they showed up before that I had none! Well, they came and spayed a few days later i walked into kitchen to find them every where! Now they are on my toilet seats, my kitchen rooms and are even falling from the freaking celing. I never had a roach problem like this ever in my life until these people came to my home! So I called them back they came back sprayed again and guess what? It got WORSE! So I started talking to people In the community and I found out that everyone had the same problem as I did! Whatever they used to spray does NOT KILL THEM! But attracts them to your home so if you ever have a bug problem do not call them they will make it worse and charge you more and more to come back out! Anyone else have had trouble with Orkin?

#1Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG. That is horrible. I would sue them. They must do good work in some places though otherwise they would not be all over the country. They would surely be out of business if everyone had your experience. I would complain to the Management of the Company the National headquarters and state your concerns..I would also write a letter to the Better Business Bureau seeking full reimbursement.

3. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:

Yeah, that's the first thing I did when I realized what was going on. I called and spoke to the manager and he apologized and offered to come spray again and this time he would come to the home himself! Well, I waited and waited and he never showed up so than I called back he told me the same but than he sent out the same guy who came and sprayed my house the first times and still it hasn't gotten any better but worse! So I will be contacting them again and I plan to go to cooperate with this.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not familiar with the Orkin company structure. Is this a franchisee that you've hired? If so, contact the corporate office, and they will address the issue.

I had a similar issue years ago, but without the professional bug removal. My (at the time) fiance and I moved into a house that hadn't been lived in for a while, and when we started removing the leaves that had piled up against the base of the house, a bunch of tree roaches (they live outside in the trees here and fly) decided to move inside. It was horrible. I packed a bag and my the dog and cat, and we stayed at a hotel until the fiance could get it taken care of. I absolutely hate roaches, especially the flying kind.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wait, is Orkin a chain or franchise based company? Because that's the problem right there. Never go with pest control or any other service, really, from a chain store. If you want results, then opt for a local company that actually cares about its community. You'll pay roughly the same price, and you'll wind up with better results than what you found this time around. Orkin might be all over the place, but the company is poorly reviewed as a whole these days.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Is your home attached to your neighbors houses - such as with condos or townhomes? I'm wondering if perhaps they had called some pest control services themselves and if so, whatever was done at their place is somehow driving the cockroaches away and into your place instead? I know it's a long shot, but just wondering...

Maybe there was a bigger infestation in your place than you realized, and the two sprays from the Orkin guy only agitated them further, hence you're seeing them more? I'm not sure what the life cycles of the cockroaches are, but when I had a flea infestation at my place, I had to do two bug bombs to get rid of them all - the initial one to kill the currently live bugs, and another one two weeks later to kill the rest of them that had not hatched yet, before they started planting even more eggs.

I know that in the cases of certain infestations, some of our local exterminators have said they don't even offer to get rid of certain bug problems because none of their chemicals are effective - such as in the case with stink bugs. We've had them pretty bad around here for the past several years and nothing seems to get rid of them at all.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane I do not blame you at all! I would of done the same exact thing! I already hate roaches as it is but if they are flying around yeah, you won't see me around! Lol. Thank god the ones we had issues with were small and DID NOT FLY!

@troutski@troutski Yeah, that's what a friend told me as well. That it is best to go locally. Which we have gotten rid of most still see some so we are going to go to a local place in town that most of my friends have used. Yeah, i haven't heard anything good about Orkin really. And yes they are a chain which is why i figured they would be good but man was i wrong!

#7Sep 2, 2015
  8. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    @Vicenta@Vicenta I too had a bad experience with this company. We had problems with roaches, but wasn't so bad so we called them and it got worst afterwards. I mean it's like they were everywhere. We were very dissatisfied with the service they provided.

#8Sep 2, 2015
  9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear you are having this issue with the unwelcome guest in your home. You can report the Orkin company to the local BBB tell them how you have been treated, you are not happy and they have not fulfilled their contract with you. You may want to tell Orkin theat if they do not fix the situation you will contact you attorney. Just so you know if your neighbors do not spray the pest will still come back, it is a situation where you both have to spray at the same time. When I lived in an apartment that was how they controlled the pest.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @dorothymoreno@dorothymoreno From what i hear there has been a few people who aren't to found of Orkin and advise me to go any where but them!

@Pat@Pat I agree! The neighbors no longer have the roach problem it is only us that are still dealing with it. Than again the neighbors used a local business vs us using orkin. With the local business they used their roach problem was gone within days. With Orkin well no luck. And now i am pretty sure they are avoiding me! Because in the contract it clearly states that if they do not get rid of the roaches and that if it doesn't get any better than i am entitle to all my money back. Which is almost 300 bucks. But i think to get my money back it will be a battle!

#10Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  11. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. That sounds absolutely horrible. I hope you're able to get a refund at the very least. Maybe even demand that they pay to have the other business do the job they were supposed to do, considering they've made the problem worse and probably caused you a huge inconvenience. I wish you the very best while dealing with them!

12. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    Thank you very much! I am still in the process of dealing with them I am hoping it will be over soon!

13. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    That makes sense to use a local company because they are not going to want a bad reputation. I think I will look into that because I need to have our house done before the winter comes.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my, what a nightmare! I wonder what it is they use that seems to multiply the problem as opposed to eliminating it??

But I once had a massive roach problem when I lived in this big apartment block. We'd call the exterminators and the problem would seemingly go away for a few days and then would start again. It wasn't until we called a meeting and had everybody on the block to agree to have their flats being exterminated that we laid the problem to rest once for all!

Maybe you should use the same local company that your neighbours used. But meantime, badger Orkin to get a full refund, which could then pay for a proper extermination. If they give you grief, escalate it to the highest authority. I think you rightfully have to demand a refund because whatever they did not only failed to work, but worsened your problem. Good luck having this sorted :)

15. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    Good luck! It seems like you might have to chase them for everything!

16. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala Thank you! And yeah I will def be using the money to hire a local business to handle my problem. I wish I knew what it was they used so I know what not to use. But I have a feeling they might of had an idea because after the 3rd visit they said if I still had the problem I would get my refund. Good thing is now I know to stay away from Orkin

@Yosh@Yosh Yeah, so far that's exactly what it's been!

#16Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2015
  17. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh that's fantastic they recognise that their service didn't actually help your situation, Vicenta! I'm sure that with that realisation, they'll issue a refund with a minimum of fuss. I hope it works out well for you, and once you get your refund, stay well clear LOL

18. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    Oh I am! Lol. I learned my lesson the hard way. Never again! Lol

19. Lushlala

Threads:

The good thing's that you've learnt! I've always said once bitten, twice the fool hehe That's why I'm OTT cautious with all these online retailers.

20. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Too bad you had to go through this, even if they refund double the money, having roaches all about everywhere is just terrible.
    I would be so irritated about the whole thing:eek:.