Do Sales Make You Buy Clothes In New Places?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Feb 16, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I find that personally I only tend to shop at places with sales if I've already used them before, so that I know what the quality of the clothing is like and know if they're likely to be items that I'll wear often. However if I happen to go into a shop I don't usually buy from, and the price is low enough that I'd be willing to try something anyway, then I might buy something from somewhere I wouldn't usually buy. Most times though I prefer to only shop sales in shops I've bought from before.

What about you? Do sales encourage you into new stores?

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree. I like to shop sales at store I know the quality of their clothing and I know their sizing fits me well. There was a new store Maurices where I found some great sales. They have entire racks of clothes for $6.95. I hadn't been in that store for a long time decided to pop in the other day when I was at the mall and discovered their clearance rack. I scored a cute sweatershirt for $6.95. It was a great find. I'll be sure to keep checking this store out for clearance items at those prices.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The reason I like window shopping at times is because it allows me to compare prices. At different stores. When I want to buy something if I know there's a store where I'll spend less to get what I want then I'll buy what I need from that store and save some money.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, sales don't make me buy clothes, or encourage me to buy them, or even encourage me to go into a store. If I see in a shop window that there is a sale happening, I often will walk right by the store anyway. I am not really a window shopper. I usually only go shopping when I know what I want, or if I need something.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I will never shop from completely unknown stores just because they have a sale on, but sometimes I will go to places that I have never personally been into so long as I know of other friends who have been there in the past. It is good to try new places sometimes, as you might find that you really like the clothes, and it will give you a new favourite place to shop in the future.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have any favorite shops so I do tend to check out new stores when they have sales. It does take a bit to get me into the store though as if I look from the outside and I don't think I'd generally like the style of their clothes I still probably would to bother even if they have a massive sale going on. It's what I like about stores putting their sale items outside because I get to check it out without having to go in and deal with the sales people since I feel kind of bad when I just browse and don't buy anything.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say on occassion Clothing sales do tempt me. I also like to go to a store in my area on Tuesdays as they have special discounts available. I mean of course stores that sell clothing always try to make it look like their clothes are on sale! Some place like Kohls are advertisting their sales constantly. So, you can be pretty sure if you are shopping there, you are going to get a "sale" opportunity.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a sucker for clothes, so I also don't buy them unless I need them. If I see a store having a sale, I just usually pass by it and ignore it. I already have way too many clothes that I don't even use because most were given to me as gifts.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes, for sure! I actually always notice new stores when they have huge SALE signs in the front!!! Just these days I bought the most gorgeous dress and jumpsuit in a store I had always passed by and never entered. The sale made me go in and I was so happy to find these items there!
    It's a store I'll definitely be stopping by in the future, and I only discovered how good it is through their sale!

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Wherever there is a good deal I will shop there. I am not tied to any special outlet, so as long as the items fit my criteria I will go for it at any reasonable place. Sticking to a specific store could cause me to miss out on some good bargains, therefore shopping around brings greater opportunities to save on purchases.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just like most of you I like to shop where I know the store and bought from them before, but...I love sales and specials or discounts too, so I'll be adventurous too and look see if it's in my size and check quality etc. for brick and mortar. For online shopping I check the bbb.org and reviews about it. If online shops has already a BBB accreditation then it's superb! :)

12. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I have a few shops that I really like and where most of my clothes come from. When I go to a shopping meal, I don't check out shops that I don't know, I go straight to my favourite ones. So sales don't affect where I buy from. I prefer shops that I know and trust.

13. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not take risk of buying from a place i don't know about.