Do we have what it takes?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Peninha • Mar 13, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes we complain that we don't have enough money for the basic stuff at the same time that we are spending a lot of money in addictions like cigarettes, alcohol or even coffee. Do you think we should continue to consume these or should we make the sacrifice and save for the things that really matter?

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Cigarettes, alcohol or coffee have no nutritional value whatsoever. They just mess up your health and cause stress, headaches, and other health problems.

You should definitely put your money on things more beneficial for yourself and spend your money on investments, personal development, or health improvement.

Put your money in a place where you could receive something better in return,

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I was once dating this girl who was complaining about not having enough money for food.. yet on an almost weekly basis I would discover that she bought new clothes. Nothing expensive or fancy, but even if it was a $20 t-shirt that could be used for food no? So yes, in most situations I do think it's more about where we choose to spend money rather than not having enough. I go out into bars and drink expensive beer because I like doing that, but if I'd be short on money I'd most definitely stop and use my money on what is more important.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are people who spend more than half of what they earn in a bar. They'll carp about having no money when they're broke but once they get the dough, the first thing they do to 'celebrate' is head into a bar and guzzle down a few beers. It's something most of us have no control over. However, if people were actually able to spend money only on what matters, they'd save more and live better lives.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think you are entitled to spend the money you earn on whatever you like. If you need cigarettes, buy them. If you need a drink every night, then go out and spend your money on alcohol. Spend on designer clothes, gambling or on whatever else takes your fancy. Just don't complain to me that you don't have enough money. And don't ask me to lend you any either.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with that Dora, we work to live and not just to survive, so we are entitled to buy cigarettes or go for a drink if that's what make us happy, but at the same time in an hour of need we can cut those "luxuries" and center ourselves on the more basic needs. It would be a sad day though.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    One solution might be to set aside a certain amount at the start of the month for food. For instance, you could purchase some grocery store card. Nonetheless, that idea is easier said than done. The bottom line is that the bills for non-essential stuff that we see as essential, like say web hosting, often make eating a tough task. Also, we all love to spend away on truly non-essential stuff and the thought of going without it for one month is, well, a drag, to say the least. :(

8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Of course, the logical answer would be to stop buying those unnecessary expenses, but it would actually be hard to do so if you're "addicted" to them. I think that we should opt to save for things that really matter, because our money will not go to waste if we spend it on things that we need.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I always thought that buying alcohol and cigarettes are a waste of money. Okay some people may need it or think they do but in the long run they are just affecting their own selves and others too. Instead of that why not treat themselves to their favorite food or do something fun that won't affect them and will be happier. I don't see the point on spending to kill themselves slowly.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think coffee is very good for your Brain,Heart and Liver-and coffee beans are a high-antioxidant food. It gives you some diabetes protection,and also it boosts your mood-and coffee drinkers were less likely to suffer from depression as well. Also drinking coffee is good for your heart and lowers your risk of stroke and cardiovascular disease.