Do we really have a plan?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Gelsemium • Apr 14, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's easy to say, let's save money, but doing it is not so simple and I think that the main cause for that is that we don't have a plan. Do we know by fact the expenses and revenues of our family? Do we have a family budget? Do we have debts? These and more questions need to be answered before we even think about saving.

2. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of individuals problem with saving money is that they don't have anything to save. Living pay check to pay check does not allow you to put anything aside for saving because it's not in the budget. I know I can speak for myself when I say that it's hard to save with the the money isn't there. I have tired saving money plenty of times but things come up and I have to end up digging back into a couple days later.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well yeah, there's no point in trying to save money when there's not enough left after you buy the stuff you need. But nonetheless; you need to draw up a plan that will help you put aside a little bit so that once you're able to make money than you need you'd have got into the habit of saving and have a workable plan.

It's never too early to plan even when you don't have the money to save.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I do try to put some money aside and some months I manage to, on the other hand, some other months I cannot and I need to go to my savings get more money. The problem is the unexpected expenses, there's no plan that can help us face them.

5. rafaelkarosa

rafaelkarosaBanned

Threads:
    For me saving Is just as paying bills. I do save some percentage of my salary every month and I take it as paying a bill just as electricity or something. I have been doing this for few years now

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    That's not a bad strategy really rafael, as long as we can keep some money apart we are good. I also have an extra source of income I keep separated, every single month I need to go there, but when I receive my wage I return the money there, it's like my safety, not a big plan, but a safety.