Do Y'all Shop At Jet.com?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Diane Lane • Mar 20, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was doing an internet search for a particular item, and the cheapest option came back as Jet.com. I've heard of the site a time or two, but have never shopped there. I clicked on the link, and it took me to the product with that site. I like the idea of free shipping and no taxes, and the site states that returns are free. Although the item I was looking up was below their minimum $35 threshold, I'm sure I'll need other things I could find there in the future.

Since I have never used the site, and don't know anyone who has, I thought I'd ask here. Have y'all purchased from Jet before, and if so, what did you think? Were you happy with the merchandise? How fast was the shipping? Have you ever returned an item you purchased from Jet.com?

2. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    I've shppped there before... I foundrhat site through a Google shop comparison and got a Frozen (hell, you know...that Disney movie) acitivity table for $27.00. It was $50 everywhere else. I feellikeI got it for a steal!

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not purchased there, but with Amazon raising it's shipping fees to 49 dollars it might be a site I am willing to look at. I think you have to pay a membership fee there if I am not mistaken though, similar to Costco. I think I would probably pay for Prime rather than one to Jet.com but I am not sure.

4. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this site before, but I love saving money, so this is a site that l will check out. Based on the comments it seems like a pretty good site. Thanks for sharing.

5. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used Jet yet but I may try them after my amazon prime membership runs out. My family is pretty big and I need to purchase items in bulk. I hope the pricing is better. I am tired of buying Sam or Costco memberships and forgetting to use them so I am going to try my hand at internet shopping.

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw the commercial on tv and I was interested in it until I found out you have to pay to join. I'll stick with amazon even though they upped their free shipping to $49.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I started looking into whether the site charges for membership, and apparently although they did at first, they've changed that requirement, and joining is now free. Additionally, it seems that not all shipping is free, although i think we are familiar with other sites that have the same requirement of purchases totalling at least $35 in order to qualify for free shipping. Here's an article that gives more information on the subject.

8. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I found this thread, I was actually going to ask if anyone had any experience with Jet. I've been seeing commercials and their prices look pretty good. It's an iffy situation for me though. I did some google-ing around and there are just as many bad reviews as there are good, so I'm still undecided whether to try the site or not. If it does turn out to be a good site, it would definitely be a nice resource!

9. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I am now seeing a new commercial of theirs, where they show someone zapping prices as other items are added to the shopping cart. I do like the idea that prices of other things will drop as I make purchases, although I'm not sure quite how it works. I didn't see an explanation on the ads, as to whether the additional items had to be related to the initial purchases, or if it's more of a concept of spending more results in additional savings.

10. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Before Jet.com made its official debut, I participated in a Beta testing program about the company and site, and I'm glad to see that the company has made some changes. I haven't made a purchase from them yet, but I plan to real soon...they have some really good deals and I love that idea of the price dropping as I make purchases too.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd never heard of this online store before, so I went ahead and had a ganders at what the site has to offer and was impressed! In fact, I spent about 30 minutes on there, just having a good look around and they have so much stuff that interests me. It looks like a legitimate, reputable site too. However, it doesn't ship worldwide, sadly :( Oh well, maybe one day, ei? Thanks for sharing anyway, @Diane Lane@Diane Lane :)

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only thing that would stop me from shopping at Jet, is that many of the forums I do, pay in Amazon certificates, so by default, it is my go to site. If some of the forums started giving you your choice of Jet or Amazon certificates, I would go to Jet just to see what they have and compare it to what I find at AMazon. So far, no dice though.

13. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    Wow thanks for posting this, I have been curious about this site too. I do most of my shopping online, so if this site is legit, it would be a great source for me. I do a lot of buying on Amazon but I am always up to price shop around!

14. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I still haven't shopped there, since I don't have much spending money these days, between medical and dental expenses, but it's definitely on the horizon. It's a legitimate company, they actually have television commercials here in the United States. I wasn't aware that they didn't ship to all countries @Lushlala@Lushlala, perhaps you could contact customer service and let them know you're interested. I'm sure if they felt it would be worth it financially, they would expand. I think they're fairly new, so possibly are limiting things right now to get established, and then will expand, and knowing you were interested could impact their expansion.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the commercials on TV stating the ability to save a lot of money by using Jet. I am not aware of a charge to join the site, if that is the case it sort of off sets any savings received on any item purchased. If a charge for shipping is also attached to the price is there really a savings from purchasing from such a site compared to going to the local store to make the purchase, maybe at a little higher price but no membership cost or shipping cost.

16. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard of it but never used it, and really do not know all that much about it. It seems like they are offering lower prices but I am not sure really what the deal is more than that. From the looks of it it might just be a buy in bulk kind of thing, or maybe they just have more distributing networks or some business mumbo jumbo like that.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's definitely an idea, @Diane Lane! I don't know why I never thought to do that. I mean, I don't have anything to lose by asking, do I? What's the worst that could happen, they could turn around and say no....but it won't be the end of the world, if they do, right? At least then I'll know for certain they won't even consider it. Sometimes we fail to do even the most obvious of things LOL Thanks, Diane :)

18. Diane Lane

Threads:
    That's why it's a good thing to post here and get related feedback from others. Collectively, we have amassed a huge storehouse of information that can benefit us all with regard to saving money, living frugally, making wise spending choices, etc., and one thing most of us (me, included) need to learn to do is ask more, since our needs aren't known if we don't express them...whether in a marriage or the relationship between buyer and seller. I really do think they're just testing the waters and going with the largest markets right now, but will probably expand in the future, if they're successful, so now is probably the perfect time to ask.