Do you book a package?

Discussion in Travel started by rossonomous • Dec 13, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    For the least few years, whenever I have booked a holiday I have done it as a package deal on somewhere like travelrepublic.com or somewhere similar.

I think travel agents are too expensive and doing it individually is a bit too much effort. Every package holiday I have booked has turned out really well so I was wondering how many people do it?

How do you arrange your holidays?

2. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    We rarely book a full package, the last time we did was on a vacation to Hawaii where we weren't at all familiar with our destination and there were a number of people going. This took the questioning out of the research and just let us enjoy the time away.

Another vacation to Alaska we threw together because there were very many things that we wanted to incorporate into a vacation and no one package would encompass it. The vacation included a package in the middle of it, but we had activities on the itinerary before and after the package dates as well. When researching this vacation we did at one point speak with a travel agent, but we come to find that there was nothing she could do for us, that we couldn't do for ourselves.

Our other trips have been smaller and we have simply used online sites to book hotels as needed.

3. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Travel agents are in fact too expensive, they expect to make a profit off our purchases so I avoid them. I try to make my own package because that seems to be the cheaper way to go. I'll find my own hotel deals, flights and everything else needed. I would look into packages but of course I would just go with the best deals for whatever I can find.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do both. if I see package bookings cheap enough then I'll take it, which fortunately nowadays is very frequent in our locality. I also make my own arrangements from time to time if I am able to find deals for individual aspects of vacation like hotel deals and airline deals, but I usually just go for package deals since they require the least effort.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I do book a package. I look for travel coupons online. Those are more practical now.

6. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    I think many travel companies are providing coupon for book a package, you need to find them.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought packages and individual stuff, it depends on the offers at the moment. Buying trips it's something really expensive so I always browse the net and physical stores for the best deal, we can really save a lot by doing so.

8. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I never book a package because I want more flexibility in my trips. There are so many resources online which will already allow you to plan and create your trip, based on your preferences. Therefore, it's not necessary to book packages which are pre-set already.

9. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the travel agencies you approach. I actually work at a travel agency and our suppliers for flights, hotels, and tour packages are very cheap, thus when we markup, it's still very affordable. Our travel agency has direct suppliers, meaning we get our flights from airlines, we get our hotels from the hotels itself, and we get our tour packages from that certain country's actual tour operators.

Some people think travel agencies are expensive, and it's true, some are. That's because their suppliers are other travel agencies, and their suppliers are travel agencies as well. Each travel agency marks up. So you just need to know where to get your flights because each travel agency has their own suppliers.

10. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I've never booked a package deal yet. I've always done individual deals using my work discount. I plan on buying a Disney World package for a family of 5 within the next couple of years.

11. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on where I'm going and if the packages appeal to me. Sometimes I book a package because like everyone said because it's cheaper than other things. If package booking has the stuff that I want I'll go for it. Other times, I do solo and not book anything at all.

12. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    It depend to you that where you want to go and after that deal with company but unfortunately I can not deal with any company whenever I want to go to travel or tour..