do you bring distractors

Discussion in Travel started by Melissast • Oct 23, 2014.

1. Melissast

MelissastActive Member

Threads:
    Do you bring stuff to distract your children when you are travaling. I always have a grab bag ready with things I got at the dollar tree like coloring books, small toys, and puzzles. This things keep the children entertained so thee not compiling so much on the trip.

2. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Melissast! It is a good idea for all. Every mother must take all this type of stuff with her. In this way she can entertain her kids properly. When I was a kid so I remember that my mom always carried a large bag with her during any travel and she put many small toys, chocolates and other food stuff in it.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think it is great idea to use certain distractor and enjoy your trip by keeping them busy. Children can get very irritating and there would be no way to control them other than using some sort of distractor. I usually carry the toys that my kids love the most. In this way it is easy to control them.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter has had a PSP for years that I bought for cheap on eBay. When we go on a long bus ride , she brings her PSP and some of her games to play.
    I also have one of those cheap $50 Chinese tablets, so if there's a place with WiFi we watch Youtube videos.

5. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't bring distractions. In our family it is the children's responsibility to keep the family entertained. Sometimes we would read out our poems, read aloud the short stories, present the games we have created on the road to the team, but we don't run around crying for attention or asking for entertainment. We try not to encourage such dependency. This habit is nurtured, and children are expected to be very articulate and be entertaining, if not musically then artistically.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always brought things along for the kids to go on vacations or trips, and even long rides. I used to bring things along when we would have to wait somewhere such as a doctor's office waiting room as well. I'd bring books, little games, art supplies, etc. I even kept a small pack of crayons and some paper in my purse too, so in a pinch I'd have something for the kids to do. They always loved to draw, so it was a simple solution to give them something to keep busy.