Do you bundle your TV, Internet and phone?

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by True2marie • Dec 21, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Normally, I bundle all of my entertainment services - TV, Internet and phone. I have always assumed this is the best policy. However, these days, after doing a bit of research, I am finding out that the savings aren't that much.

Do you bundle your TV, Internet and phone?

[​IMG]

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Nope.

We don't have cable; we consider it an unnecessary expense right now. We recently cut our cell phone bill in half by going with a pre-paid plan over a contract, so for two of us with all the minutes, texts, and data we need, it is $75 a month. Our internet at home is $39, which recently went up. The first two years in this house we had the introductory offer of $14.99 a month, which was awesome.

We don't currently have a need for a landline.

I think you can not only shop around, but if you are in a big enough city, you can play one company price against another and often get your bill lowered. Bundling to me is totally a sales pitch.

#2Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  3. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    I do bundle my home phone and internet to get the savings, but I don't have a receiver or anything to watch shows on. I was paying way too much for stuff that I never watched, so I just got netflix, and that is what I primarily watch on my xbox 360. I don't have any use for anything else, and am happy with the deal I am getting. I have a comfortable internet plan and home phone plan for $50 total, but I had to bother Bell for a long time before I could get the deal.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to just have internet and phone bundled, but I recently added TV to my bundle because I just moved. I agree that you can completely go without cable and just use Hulu and Netflix, because I did that for several years. I just decided to add cable because the bundle actually brought down my phone and internet bill. It doesn't always work out that way and it pays to look for alternatives.

5. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have in the pass bundled all three, but my bill would never be as they promised I would always have to call in and get them to adjust the bill, I mean it would always be 60 or 70 over, and the first thing they hollar is that it was a promotion, they fail to tell you the true facts, they just be anxious to sign you up, so now I just have them all separate and they are actually cheaper

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have the internet and phone bundle until my contract is up. The company in which I have signed the contract with has change the rate plan, which I have to pay $20 more. I ended up canceling the service due the high price for the bundle plan. It's actually cheap if I go individually, which I have learned that I don't really need to bundle the internet and phone service and still save me about $35 each month. I don't believe in the bundle plan again because I think it's a way to pay more.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, my bundle consists of internet, phone and tv. Internet for me, phone for the family and tv for my father. The bundle only provides some basic channels for the tv, if we want more we'll have to subscribe and pay extra.

8. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    We have a bundle with Comcast! We have the cable, internet, and security system. We decided to switch the phone for the security system because the last time we had a landline phone, it was useless. Therefore we decided to get something that we could benefit from. The cable bundle comes with some premium channels and the internet is high speed/wifi! The price is reasonable considering everything that is included in the package.