Do You Buy at Beauty Stores or Online?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by nwitt • Apr 9, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious where everyone finds the best deals on their makeup.

For example, I LOVE NARS Blush. I feel it's worth it to spend the money on that, rather than the cheap blush that you can find at Target or Walmart. I have always purchased this on Amazon because of the free shipping and I often am already purchasing other items online. Additionally, I already know the shade that I prefer.

Do you find better deals for name brand items online or in the store?

2. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Unless I'm familiar with the particular product (as in have used before), then I will buy at the physical store. But if it's a product I'm trying out, I like to shop online as it seems there's much more information online than in stores. You can read more into the product as well as read reviews. But that's only my opinion!

Happy shopping!

3. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No. I do not shop at beauty stores online.

Simply because i do not think it is worth my time. Why would i waste my time waiting for such inexpensive items to come in the mail? I would rather just go to the beauty supply store, and pick them up.

I only buy expensive items online, because there are a lot of sales on those products online you can't find in physical stores. The money i would save by buying them online would be substantial.

That is not the case for lipstick, and things of that sort. They are already cheap in physical stores.

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good point. I always buy items online that I have already used so that I know I will like and use them on a regular basis. I could understand not wanting to purchase a new item online to find out that it doesn't work well for you. Thanks for the input.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped for beauty products online, I usually shop for them in physical stores. I feel no need to shop for them online when I'm surrounded by many shopping malls on the location where I live. So needless to say, I find the best deals and discounts during those holiday sales or clearance sales.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I live in an area where malls and shops are withing walking distance, thus making online shopping for cosmetics and beauty products unnecessary. I have, however, ordered perfumes online because these are more expensive when bought from physical stores. I still continue to do online window shopping and if I ever find a great bargain on makeup and other beauty products with free shipping, I will not hesitate to buy them online.

7. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    My wife most of the times what i have observed prefer buying through online stores because at the end they are things that works quite appropriately when its about learning through them and having some good outcome from it and that works for sure.

8. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I shop for mine online at

Yes, it's international. I can't find anything in stores that is both this good and this flattering. I don't wear much makeup but what I do, I am picky about it. Redheads have unique needs, and these products are light years ahead of what any store has (which is nothing) this redhead specific. You redheads know what I mean about having to make do with a world centered on blondes and brunette's.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I shop online and b&m stores. It depends what I'm looking for, if shipping is free and what sort of sales are going on. I don't really have a preference for which way to shop because with online stores having such generous return polices if I don't like it I can always return it.

10. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought cosmetics online but I'm not adverse to it entirely. It would have to be a high-end brand that is hard to find and of excellent quality. Currently, there is no brand I can think of but then again, I don't use cosmetics like I once did.

11. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I have always found better deals in store, simply because many times stuff goes on clearance and when it does, you can get significant discounts on beauty products. That being said, a lot of staple beauty products like the NARS blush you mentioned or the Naked eyeshadow pallet by Urban Decay, will always be the same price because they never go on clearance, with such products I prefer shopping online because it's convenient and you don't have to go through the hassle of finding it in a store. One small drawback of getting products online is paying for shipping, a lot of websites offer free shipping on orders of a certain dollar amount, however, I rarely shop for that much and always end up paying anything from $3-10 for shipping.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just purchase the item at a physical store if it's the first time I'm buying it, since I'd much rather be able to test the product first before I buy it, but if I'm just buying the same item then I'd be up for just buying it online because I already know what I'll be getting. As for the discounts I'd be getting, usually the prices aren't that different, so i just choose whichever is convenient for me at the time, but from time to time I'll come across some great packages and they are usually online, so I'll say that would be my pick.

13. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I usually buy my products in the store rather than online. I am a firm believer that drugstore brands work just as well as high-end brands. I used to spend $20 a pop for one small container of Bare Minerals foundation. I have now discovered Maybelline minerals foundation and it works just as well for way less money. The one difference to this rule is nail polish. OPI is by far a better quality than the cheapo nail polishes you can pick up for a $1. Nine dollars might seem like a lot to spend on one bottle of nail polish but considering the overall quality and how long it lasts, its worth it in my opinion. I do order OPI nail polish through Amazon every once in awhile. I love to collect them!

The only other time I will order beauty products online is if they have already been tried and I know they work. Then, its not so big of a risk. Beauty products are hard to return so I like to make sure its what I want before I buy them.