Do you buy exclusively at one store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Denis Hard • Jun 1, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know some guys who do all their shopping in one store. The bad thing is stores don't price their items the same way. In one store you can find some items are very cheap while others would be very expensive.

So the notion that one store is cheaper than another is entirely accurate. When shopping look around the stores and compare their prices. The next time you go shopping, you can buy cheap items from one store, then head off to the next and buy the products they sell cheaper than the store you bought from first.

It will place some money back in your pockets.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    My husband is just like that when we are doing a whole month of shopping :D

I prefer to get everything we need from one supermarket but since my husband is always up on investigating the differences of prices, he knows where exactly to get certain things from.

Sometimes I give up following him everywhere because I'm usually carrying our daughter but at the end of the day, I don't actually mind with his method because we get to save some money for the next shopping.

3. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Well if the store has all the I need then I'd probably stick to it. But I rarely have loyalities when it comes to stores, I tend to search for the store who has the most reasonable price and do all my shopping there.

4. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    This can be a difficult balancing act. It is definitely true that shopping around can get you better deals but then you have to factor in the time spent looking for better deals. If we're talking about in person shopping then you also need to factor in transportation costs and then even if you do find a better deal you could have already blown all of your profit margins. For me, I just do most of my shopping at Wal-Mart and only shop for myself so I'm not sure it's worth the time and energy to shop around but for others who buy a lot of groceries for a family it might be.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do my grocery shopping at two different stores because they have two different sales going on and I save more money by buying the sale items from both places.
    When I used to shop at one store, I would see the sales circular from the other store and realized that I overpaid for some things, so now I shop at two places.

6. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I kind of agree with Moriarty. You have to do a cost vs. benefit analysis or else you could be spending more time, using more gas, etc. than you should be. My family personally doesn't do this too much as we usually just use coupons or buy items on sale. I do compare prices though on big ticket items (mostly tools). We also take into account whether to get certain qualities for products over others (i.e. organic or all-natural vs. regular groceries).

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're right. In my case, I walk everywhere and the two stores are a mile apart. But I wouldn't recommend shopping at multiple stores for a driver, if the stores are far apart.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I will choose 2 or 3 stores only.

Yes, it's better to shop around some than to stick with only a single store.

At the same time, you can waste a lot of time and even money on gas by going to too many stores. The difference just doesn't make it worthwhile.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely not! I do have a few favorite stores but I definitely mix it up and buy at different stores all the time. I think buying at one store only makes you lose all the fun about shopping, which is looking for different stuff then discovering new places to shop from.

10. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I actually do try and do most of my shopping grocery shopping in one place. It's not really worth it to me to go around to different stores to save a few dollars on a couple items. The extra time to do so just isn't worth it to me.

For most other things though, I have no issues looking at many different stores to find the best deal. Especially when I'm probably not going to buy that item constantly, like groceries.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For clothing, I pretty much only shop at Dillards. The only exception to that would be I buy my T-shirts and jogging shorts at Wal-Mart. But with Dillards, I really like their "Roundtree & Yorke" brand clothing for men. All their items are made really well, and hold up to being washed. They hold up even better than the far more expensive Nautica brand, believe it or not. I dress pretty boring, a button down dress shirt with either jeans or khakis, and some dress shoes. Or in the summer, it khaki dress shorts with a button down short sleeve dress shirt.

For groceries, I hit up several different stores - partly due to prices, but mainly due to selection. One store might have better produce, while another might have a lot of cheap store brand items that I like, for example.

12. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to shop around a little bit, but really only among three stores; Trader Joes, Target and a grocery store. It isn't even always looking for a better price as much as the selection at the stores can vary and everything I need is not available at one store.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I live very near a huge mall, so I mostly buy things there. I don't bother to compare prices unless I will shop for electronics because I can be saved a substantial amount of money if I made an effort to compare prices, but on grocery items or clothes, I don't just bother to canvass.