Do You Buy Expensive Beauty Products?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Sep 23, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see lots of over-priced beauty products. But much as they may be slightly better than similar products which might be cheaper, thing is, they can be used interchangeably and someone who has never used such products before may not notice much of a difference. Which means those who use such products can save good cash using the cheaper products.

Maybe my logic is all skewed. Are expensive beauty products better?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work for a beauty company that sold the most expensive face cream, and I did sell a few jars of it. There is a difference in the concentration of the contents, for example percentage of water, oils and concentration of vitamins. Face creams, serums and eye creams are worth spending more on as they stay on the skin and are absorbed. Often the products require a smaller amount to be used, so can last longer.

I think expensive cleansers are not as good value as they are on and off, if you have sensitive skin perhaps it is worth it, but for most people I would say there isn't much difference, packaging, smell and how it feels.

3. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think you need the most expensive products in order to care for yourself cosmetically. I buy this this bar of body and face soap for 1 dollar and it works better then there's higher dollar products. You'll have people that only buy expensive products because of the name. I say go for results when choosing beauty products. This makes a big difference in how much one can potentially save.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a range of very reasonably priced beauty products from iherb. They are all natural and don't contain any nasty ingredients. I have been using the same products for years, and there really is a noticeable difference in my skin. You don't have to pay a fortune for effective skin care products. The trick is to learn about the particular ingredients that your skin type requires, and then do some product research. The good thing with iherb is that they offer a list of ingredients for every product that they sell.

5. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    Years ago I consulted with a dermatologist about my combination dry/oily skin. He told me to stop using all the products I was trying to solve my problems with and just use plain soap with moisturizer in it, like Dove. I've been using the soap ever since then, and I get a lot of compliments on my skin. It turned out all those beauty products were causing more problems than they solved.

A little Dove for my face and baking soda and apple cider vinegar for my hair is all I need to look good. Well, those things and a good diet go a long way to pretty skin and hair. Simple and natural is better, at least for me.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I never bother to buy expensive products as I think it is a big waste of money. I think one should never spend too much on beauty products as they are of not, much use. I believe in maintaining my natural looks which would help to make my skin look really great. I think one must believe in themselves and try to look good they way they are already present.

#6Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I use a mix. There are certain higher end products I feel work better, but for some products the cheap drug store brands will do. I don't exclusively shop one way or the other. I buy different brands at different price points. If I have a tried and true pick I buy it and use it until it's gone. That way I only buy makeup a few times a year.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm just because something is expensive doesn't mean that it is good. I have tried so many beauty products in the past in search for a cure for my acne. I have tried the most expensive to the cheapest and they are all the same. Sometimes, you are just buying the name. They don't really make a difference. What is important is you read sources online and read the labels of the beauty products that you want to buy.

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I make an exfoliating scrub from a half of a packet of Sugar in the Raw in honey. Plain Greek yogurt left on for a few minutes is a good mask, and olive oil works well as a moisturizer. Otherwise, soap, drinking water, eating well, and sleeping do much more for the complexion than expensive products.