Do you buy garden equipment in sets?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by chiofthenorns • Oct 31, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I came across a set of garden tools in the mall today. They were pretty cheap compared to the separate ones that I always buy. I am just worried that they are not that durable. My mom bought something like this before, and the handles got detached after some time.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of these offers are too good for a reason. Either you don't need some [or most] of the tools included in the set or the quality as you say isn't that great. I prefer buying only the tools I need even though they might be a little pricey. There's be absolutely no need to buy a set of tools some of which I won't use.

p.s Marketers can be pretty smart . . .

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy sets of garden tools because I only use a couple of items, so I don't need the entire set. One set I saw had a hoe. I don't use that. I'm a container gardener so I just bought the little hand shovel separately.

4. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought garden equipment in sets. I tend to buy each one individually. I find that many times, the sets do not have a very high quality as the individuals. I would rather pay a little extra for individual pieces that have better quality than pay for a set that will break in a week. I think that your worry is warranted. If they do not look durable, chances are, they probably aren't.