Do you buy in-house products?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by daimashin • Mar 18, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if this is the correct term but do you buy products made by store itself. Something like Carrefour that has their own brand of products such as detergent, dishwasher, and other household items that are cheaper than other brands. I've been using such products for years, although they may not be as high quality but these products in my opinion are still usable. The low price of these products help me save a lot of money in the long run.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind trying such products out. There was this one time I bought fruit juice but the flavor was so awful that I had to get rid of the rest of it. These days it doesn't matter how cheap what they make in the store is, my money would be well-spent on a product made by a company with a good track record.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still live with my parents, and over here they usually buy tissue that is a supermarket brand. Apart from that, they don't buy anything else, maybe because the food items that they carry don't taste as good as the branded ones.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    So you mean the generic ones or the not-so-popular brands made by some companies.. Yes, I use it but only the dish washing liquid product. I did try the laundry detergent and the fabric conditioner but I did not like the results so I switched back to my old "branded" products. :D

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I sure do.

And the store themselves don't actually make the products. They just relabel the products as their own. It's still manufactured by the bigger companies.

Often times, there's no difference in quality.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're called generic or store brand products and I buy them all the time. I buy the Walmart Great Value brand of pasta and canned vegetables and they taste good. Their cookies are also pretty good.
    Sometimes the store brand is cheaper than a brand name even with a coupon.