Do You Buy iPods Or Other MP3 Players?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by blurinoctober • Dec 21, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Apple is such a huge and expensive brand, do you stick with them when looking for a new MP3 player or do you look to Zune or other, cheaper versions?

In my experience, iPod Classics last longer than a lot of things and have more memory. I may've spent $300 on one four years ago, but it still works for me perfectly.

Would you rather spend less upfront and have to replace it sooner? Do you have better experiences with different brands?

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    None, actually! I use my phone for listening to music wherever I go. I use Android and downloaded Winamp Pro. It works great, and it comes with an amazing equalizer you can customize to get the sound you want (if you, like me, are too picky).

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Today's smartphones are dominating the market and MP3 players are slowly being displaced from their original function. Beyond that, companies are still innovating and creating portable music players with more features and greater storage capacity. In my country because of issues of import tariffs, MAC products are expensive. For this reason, in the local market consumers prefer MP3 players produced by other reputable companies, but the iPod doesn't own the market. Like the person above, I prefer to listen to music on my cell phone. :D

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say both. When I did buy them, I bought iPods for the kids and a different brand for myself. Now I use my iPhone.

5. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Well I have an Ipod nano. A really old one. I think this is the 2nd gen but it is still working very good. The battery life is very long lasting and that's what I love about it. Although I would also like to have a zune. I was thinking of buying one a year ago but I decided to to just buy a table instead.

6. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I used to have an iPod Touch, and it worked phenomenally. The memory space was a tad on the low side, but it still worked well and was only the 2nd Gen iTouch. I mostly used it as an all around media device due to its ability to download apps and movies as well, which was a nice feature. I am thinking of getting a new one, but probably not anytime soon, as I just got a tablet.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased any Apple products. I did buy a Sansa mp3 player. At the time, I payed a little less than $50 for it. I still have it and it works wonderfully. It has 6GB of space and great battery life. I did have to upgrade the headphones. The headphones that came with it were subpar.

8. god

godNew Member

Threads:
    i want to buy ipods more.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I need to have an mp3 player because I can listen to songs on my phone already. But maybe if I decide to buy one then I'll buy the smallest iPod that you can use while jogging.

10. Far_Mur_Jo

Far_Mur_JoNew Member

Threads:
    I still own, and sometimes even use a Samsung YP-F1, which I bought 8 years ago. I swear, that thing is a gem! When I bought it, it was on the expensive side, but it has definitely been worth it's while. It's not only a reliable, sturdy piece of work, it's also has a really pretty, albeit a bit girly, design.
    samsung-yp-f1-256mb_2.

11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I still remember the first MP3 player i got. It was expensive as hell and it only had 128mb. Two weeks later, for the same price i could have gotten a 256mb one. Good times...

But now, i just use my phone to listen to the music, one less gadget to hang around in my pockets.

12. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was still in high school, I had an MP3 player which I always had with me. But now, I think that iPods and other MP3 players are no longer useful. Smartphones and tablets already double as mp3 players, video players, Web browsers, ebook readers and so much more that mp3 players are no longer relevant.

13. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I only ever bought a MP3 player and it was during the early days, when a 128mb player cost about $60, completely ridiculous by today standards. Since then I only use my phones to listen to music. Since I'm a Sony user for long I'm used to having Walkman technology on my mobile so, buying an mp3 would be pointless.

I think sooner or later mp3 players might be phased out solely because, phones now days can do anything a mp3 player can plus a lot more!

14. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I was using MP3 players that I purchased for cheap at Wal-Mart or Target. They worked well for about a year then started messing up. Of course, you get what you pay for especially when it comes to electronics. But now that I've finally upgraded to an android/smart phone, I use the built in MP3 player. I also use the MP3 player on my Kindle. It's so much easier to purchase music and have it automatically stored on the device. You may want a back up MP3 player to carry around or use at the gym instead of your phone (especially if the phone is big)...if that's the case, go ahead and buy the cheap one!

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend money on mp3 or iPods because my iPhone pretty much is my music player when I am on the go. I am very glad it is this way because I remember a time hen I had a simple phone and an iPod and it was just too much. I like having everything in the palm of my hand!

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Zune's were discontinued a while ago, although I still have my original Zune from back in 2007. I hardly ever used it because even the loudest volume setting on it wasn't very loud. Also, the bulk of my mp3 files weren't tagged in a consistent format, so in many cases it was screwing up album art, song titles and album titles. I don't really bother with them these days, if I wanted to I could just use my phone for the same purpose.

17. emmashopping

emmashoppingMember

Threads:
    Yes , i have one ipod to listen music only but i like my phone also because its good to listen my favorite songs.

18. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I do buy iPods and mp3 players, all of them are Apple. The first Apple product I got was an iPod Nano. I believe it was 4th generation, so that was around 2009 when I first figured out what Apple was, and what their products were, and how they functioned. I was intrigued by this, so I bought the iPod Nano. Next thing you know, I was downloading songs, and putting them on my iPod Nano. After a while, I heard about the iPod Touch. It was 3rd generation, so it was a bit after I bought the iPod Nano. It was a huge improvement since I could download games as well as listen to songs. Unfortunately, when I lent my iPod Touch to my brother, he lost it at a movie theater. Discouraged from this, I just moved on. About a year ago, I got the iPod Touch, and I'm still using it. I don't listen to music anymore on my iPod Touch, just play games and read eBooks on it. I still have my iPod Nano, and it's very worn out. The battery won't even last an hour without it dying on me.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought an i-anything. I have bought little "cheap" mp3 players and they're fine. If I want more memory I can get a memory card that gives me plenty. I don't need thousands of songs - I won't ever listen to them. I just need a couple of hundred songs that'll be ran through. That said I've been given several other mp3 players that play videos and record and take/display pictures and whatever - but again no i-whatever.