Do you buy natural household cleaners?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Dora M • Mar 8, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What kind of cleaning products do you use in your home? I have started to exclusively use natural cleaning products in my home. I can't believe how different it feels. I don't have to wear any gloves or worry about having to go out of The House while the smells from the disinfectants dissipate. I particularly worried about the ammonia I had to occasionally use in my bathroom. I am now using various natural brands from the supermarket and health food store and don't look back. You walk into my house and it smells of real lemongrass and eucalyptus.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    What about making your own cleaners such as vinegar and water for cleaning windows and mirrors? I like the idea of fewer chemicals in cleaning products, but there are a whole lot of solutions to cleaning that don't require any cleaning products. sometime all that it takes is a little more soaking and scrubbing.

3. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    My mother has entire rituals about preparing natural cleaners. For example, if your favorite dress is stained by wine, a heavy enemy, you will have to wash it first time by hand and add a mixture of lemon, milk and lavender. Personally, it smells like a cocktail not a cleaner, but somehow it manages to do its job

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never do buy natural cleaning supplies... I'm always on a really tight budget, and they are considerably more expensive. I buy the regular stuff, and I'm not usually bothered by the smells or the fact that they have harsh chemicals. Using natural stuff is a fairly new idea, and before everyone used regular cleaning supplies with no problems or serious consequences. Now of course, if they had similar prices I would choose the natural products in a heart beat, but being more expensive, it doesn't go for me.

5. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    I don't buy natural cleaning products I just use the kind of thing my grandparents used, they save me a fortune compared to branded stuff and I'm allergic to a lot of the more chemical based stuff anyway although I wouldn't be a fan of that kind of thing even if I wasn't allergic! Bicarbonate of soda is great for so many different things, it gets rid of stains and is a mild abrasive that's really handy where you'd use any kind of cream cleaner. Vinegar has always been used for windows but is handy for a lot of other things including a replacement for dishwasher rinse aid. A bit of elbow grease goes a long way and if you don't let problems build up I find old fashioned cleaning agents are just as good as the expensive chemical and perfume laden options you find in the supermarket. I think the chemical load we're subject to in every day life is high enough already without aerosols/sprays/cream cleaners etc added to it.