Do you buy online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by OsvaldoLuis • Jun 26, 2012.

1. OsvaldoLuis

OsvaldoLuisNew Member

Threads:
    Hello, many people dont know if to buy online because they say they will get scammed, mostly happens with people that dont know to much about internet.I have seen alot of people with this problem, they dont trust in the online market.They just want to go to the mall.

I know that there are alot of people that want to scam others and get their money but if you know where you are buying and everything you will probably dont get scammed.

How about you, do you shop online and trust in it?

2. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I do shop online but like many others, I am also afraid of getting scammed especially with technology getting increasingly complicated nowadays, you will never know even if a person halfway across the globe is currently staring at what is on your computer screen! The most important thing when shopping online is to exercise discretion and to shop only at places where they are more established and have a proper track record such as Amazon for example. It is also important to never disclose personal information such as your credit card numbers or security code to anyone claiming to be from that online shop since most of such businesses handle transactions online and does not require you to physically let a staff know your payment details. Make sure that when you're making payments, you are not being redirected to some suspicious website. Try shopping only with websites that uses well established online payment services such as PayPal. At least if things go wrong, you could still file a complaint for refund. As long as we consumers are wary, shopping online can be a very pleasant and convenient experience!

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a problem buying online. Anywhere. I have even purchased merchandise overseas with no issues. It was a little scary the first time, but they have never let me down, so I am a repeat customers. Its even helped me make a few extra bucks. As long as you keep your eyes open, its all good.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I do buy online. In fact, it has fast become my favorite form of shopping as when done properly (by that I mean safely and securely)...it is a dreamy and money saving experience. You get the most awesome deals. My first online purchase was in 2002, and there has been no looking back for me since. Just love it! I still like the mall experience sometimes but online shopping is the way of the future, here now.

5. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    I probably do 60% of my shopping online. I love it! I think it is one of the greatest things invented. I am a busy mom so I don't have much time to go out and shop. Whenever I need anything, I just look for it online, and usually the prices are comparable or cheaper than stores. I also prefer shopping online because I feel like websites have more of a selection for some things. For example, the Walmart website has way more merchandise than the store, in my opinion.

6. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Definitely shop online, saving on money, time, gasoline !!
    Now i usually pay thru Paypal, that shields all your credit card information. That way i am quite confident nothing wrong will happen.
    By the way, there are as much thief activity with brick and mortar (they have easy access to your credit card information too ...)
    Enjoy !!

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I'll shop online. Typing in a credit card number isn't my favorite thing to do, but I have a prepaid credit card for that purpose. Some credit card companies will allow you to have such a card connected to your regular card with them. I prefer to use actual credit cards when shopping online versus using a debit card. I'd rather fight for my allowed credit than my actual cash.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't really have to care about getting scammed because I always use PayPal as my payment method and they have Buyer Protection. If I get scammed, I open a dispute and then escalate it to a claim. So far I've only been scammed twice, once by an eBay seller, and once by a Chinese store. Both times I opened disputes and got my money back.

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I do a majority of my shopping online. Amazon.com is one of the greatest inventions of all time. I've never really worried about puttin gmy credit card information in. Credit card companies and reliable sites have measures to guard against credit card and identity theft.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I buy almost all my non food items online. You get the best prices, without having to leave the comfort of your home, and these days, your card details are pretty secure. Don't be tempted to store your card numbers on your computer, though. Yes, it makes it easier to fill in forms, but it also makes it easier for hackers to obtain your details.

11. obadiah

obadiahNew Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online very much and so far, have not been scammed. I try to use Paypal whenever possible and I also have a pre-paid card to use if the site will accept it. And there is just something so exciting about receiving a package in the mail or by a delivery service; I never feel that way when I shop in a brick and mortar store.

12. G4rud4f7

G4rud4f7New Member

Threads:
    I've been shopping online for almost 2 years. It's just that people find it really difficult to find good offers and get them. They get scam by some scam artists who sells there goods to dead low prices.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to prefer shopping online whenever possible. Shipping prices have gone up enough now that it's often not worth it any more, though. When I do, I make sure I'm buying from reputable vendors or I'll check Ebay/Amazon and make sure their reputation and feedback is high. It doesn't guarantee anything, but it makes it a lot safer.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also like buying online, especially for larger items because I can get free delivery. I only buy my websites that I trust or that have been recommended by someone I trust. I have been shopping online for many years and haven't had any serious problems. I have been mostly satisfied with my purchases.

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I shop online all the time, and I rarely ever get scammed. There shouldn't be a reason not to shop online it's safer to buy things online. The only place that is a little shady is eBay. I've had problems with them in the past, and I stopped using them. I will say that you need to be aware some people are out to scam you. They usually target older people because they're not familiar with the Internet. Watch out and make sure you watch your credit card/debit card purchases. Check for any extra fees that may seem suspicious.

16. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I like to shop online and if I do buy a product from someone I always make sure the seller accepts only the reputable payment methods. If they do not accept these I do not use them because they are generally a type of scam.

17. rcking09

rcking09New Member

Threads:
    Yes I shop online regularly usually buying software or electronics, mostly from Amazon or steam. I actually have plans to do all my shopping online in the near future . Shipping is usually cheaper then gas from my experience.

18. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a couple of earphones from online stores just last two months and the items was shipped into my place in just two days. One thing that you should be sure before buying things online is that you can contact the seller and have a good conversation through skype. That's what I always do when buying things on eBay.

19. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I shop online sometimes. I think it is a great way to save gas and hunt for a deal at the same time with ease! I have never had a problem with buying any products online. I love it when a package comes to the door!

20. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    It depends. First of all I don't like buyin clothes online, I need to see them and try them on. Second of all, I do a reasearch first before I buy something online.
    I've never been scammed but I've been very careful and not hasty.
    And I've got a few online shops I already know I can trust, so if I need something in particular I know where to click.