Do you buy organic products?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Dec 28, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    From product to potato chips and pasta, I notice more and more "organic" products. They seem pricier than there average counterparts. I have bought some and really do not notice any difference, perhaps only they seem more bland. What do you think?

2. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I actually like organic products. Aside from the fact that it is healthier, I think it is also fresh. I prefer buying these products compared to others offered in the maket. The only problem is, these products are limited. I hope they can come up with other products too.

3. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I like to buy organic produce, at least, because they are supposed to be grown without toxic chemicals. I shop a lot at the farmer's market and our local co-op ( which is kind of like a smaller version of Whole Foods Market). I love the stuff I find there, even though it is a bit more expensive. I figure since I can't afford to eat totally healthy, at least the produce I get can be good!

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Processed foods are processed foods.. they're still garbage. I don't buy organic foods from grocery stores, they're a joke and I don't trust them in the least. Just like most "health foods" at a grocery store are actually as bad if not worse than the regular foods from the same store. I buy as clean as possible from farms and markets where I trust them and their practices. It's hard these days to know what to eat, but we can do far better, no matter our situation.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy organic products, because they're more expensive as compared to the non-organic ones. I'm not a health buff anyway, so I don't mind. And now since you mentioned that organic food tastes bland, then all the more that I'm not eager to try it.

6. kavoric

kavoricNew Member

Threads:
    I did buy some organic foods once from whole foods. Pretty expensive though and I only bought a few things. Never really bought much afterwards except stop by a trader joes once on a while.

7. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only organic produce that I buy are from the dirty dozen list. Besides that I would buy something organic if I consume it more than others. Like in our home we eat a lot of salad with our meals. Therefore, all of the things that go into making the salad is organic.

8. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    There is definitely a noticeable price difference between organic vs regular products on the shelf. I agree that with certain types of products, the organic selection will taste more bland but this isn't always the case. For the most part, our society is used to being overly filled with sugars so at some point our expectation becomes "it has to be sweet to be good." In this new year I want to make it a point to try to eat healthier!

9. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I like organic products, and I used to go to the New Seasons at least once a month. However, I don't go there anymore ever since I moved to a different location, which is kind of far away for me for the commute. I sometimes go there if I pass by or something, but only when I head to school or deliver to customers' homes (I work as a delivery driver at my dad's restaurant). I like to buy organic products because I know I can trust them more than products from other stores.

10. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    No, Organic products are expensive. It would be nice to buy all organic products, but I can not afford it right now. I do, however, make my own organic shampoo and face and body scrubs. The face and body scrub is simple. I just mix 1 cup olive oil and 1 cup sea salt. You can also use sugar in place of the sea salt if your skin is sensitive.

11. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    I some times buy organic foods when I can afford them But, thats the thing Where do you find affordable organic foods I would love to have nothing but organic fresh foods in my home for my children Does any one know of some on line sites that have mfgrs coupons for organic goods?

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy mostly organic, but mind you, not everything that is labeled "organic" or "natural" is actually of a high quality. A lot of these alleged "organic" products contain just as much added rubbish, such as artificial preservatives, additives, etc. like commercial products. It's all a matter of reading the label very carefully.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Organic is too expensive, but I do like the products and when they are on special or if they are priced similar then I will buy them. Organic pasta is not worth it to me and certain vegetables aren't when it is double the price. I try to buy a mixture of both and it's also about what is available and the budget. One has to be practical as well.

14. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I do buy organic products like organic rice and pesticide free vegetables. They are quite expensive indeed but it is well compensated by the health values it added to my diet. I buy them in this government licensed shop that sold numerous organic products from rice, sugar, noodles and vegetables. I have also tried eating organic burger. The taste of the meat is excellent.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't care about the organic logos.. they don't mean what everyone wants them to mean. Everyone is just blindly following yet another label. The most important thing to me is that the food is local. If not, say when it comes to tropical fruits, I'll likely choose the organic over the conventionally grown, but again, it really doesn't mean anything other than the company had the money and energy to put into the process of becoming certified.. which in the end, just muddies the definition and makes the truly organic farms look terrible. Look into your food, no matter what it is and stop relying on labels.

16. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy organic whenever possible, but I also do not buy processed food if I can possibly get away without it. I have noticed a significantly higher quality in many organic foods over their conventional versions. Produce for one thing definitely seems to have more nutrients and flavor and color. I don't really worry about it if I am buying a treat like ice cream which I only get once in a very long while, but for the things I eat all the time, organic is very important to me.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I occasionally buy items labeled as organic, but I'm not super picky about it. Quite a lot of things labeled as organic, are not quite what people think they are. Organic doesn't automatically mean chemical/pesticide free. There are a number of categories, including biodynamic and natural. Only the latter is pesticide free.

18. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    It kinda depends on what I'm buying. If I'm buying snacks and cookies and stuff, then no I don't really care. But if it's for fruits and vegetables, I'll buy organic if I can afford it. I'm not a huge health nut so it doesn't really matter to me, and plus organic food is really expensive!

Other than the fact that there's no pesticides or whatever, I have yet to really find a reason for me to completely switch over to eating organic. I'll shop at farmer's markets and stuff like that, but I won't go out of my way to go to an organic-specific supermarket to buy my stuff.

19. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    I will only buy organic products occasionally because they are generally more expensive and there is no evidence to suggest they are any more nutritious than non organic items. The way they are produced makes no difference to nutrition.

The law concerning organic goods is that 95% of the goods must be produced in an organic way, so 5% of an organic item may have been produced in a non organic way.

20. aparsons

aparsonsNew Member

Threads:
    I do try to buy organic foods, but I especially love making organic foods. When I make my own organic goods, I definitely notice the difference. If anything, I would say that organic foods would have a far better flavor than non-organic foods. I find that, especially with produce, there is more of a focus on presentation and preservation rather than actual flavor. I can't really say how organic, pre-made foods compare, because I rarely ever buy them. The organic products that I buy are typically raw ingredients that I then use in other recipes.