Do You Buy Out Of Season To Save Money?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jasmine2015 • Sep 29, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I saw this on a TV show where they tell you when to buy things at a certain time of the year to get the best deals. You may have to do your own research because well, I forgot what most was said on the TV show. Though I have noticed that when a season is over with, stores will lower the price of clothes and shoes to egt ready for the new season. Do you buy your clothes and shoes just as the season ends to get the best deals?

2. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I have found some great deals when I have shopped out of season. When I buy for my son I purchase within the size he is at the moment or one size bigger, it really depends on the quality and type of clothing. Shopping out of season is a great way to save money because the items get marked down much less than when they are in season.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to buy things out of season as much as I can because the clearance prices will save you a lot of money. I buy clothes and holiday decor after the season is over. I especially like to buy Christmas wrap and ornaments right after the season is over because I know for sure I will use them the next year.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Oh for sure - I always to do this - in fact as the majority of the stores where I live - generally have end of season clearance sales where everything is more often than not marked down to well below half price - I normally take full advantage of these times to replace any items - whether it be clothing, household indoor/outdoor furnishings etc - that are getting a bit worn - as it avoids the possibility of having to pay more than I need to - when those much needed items are being sold at a higher price - especially as - because I'm usually able to pick up some excellent bargains - I make huge savings in the process.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend to buy jackets during the summer season because I love hoodies and they're usually very cheap during summer. The only problem I encounter is that I don't get as much choices during this season since not a lot of stores well them, but from time to time I'll come across a nice one I could purchase for less than half of the original price I would have paid if I bought it at the appropriate season. These days though, most online stores just sell everything year round so it's not as effective of a tactic but it still is applicable to some.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I do this all the time! Like now, we're just coming into the summer and I need a heater for next winter. The winter just gone was harsh. I've been going around a few stores comparing prices, because they've definitely gone down. I'll also be looking for some winter bedding for that very reason.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I do this for my kids all the time. When I shop for kids clothes I will look at the end of the season and stock up one size bigger than what they are currently wearing. It's great, I can get clothes at 50% off for the kids. I usually buy swim suits, shorts, t-shirts, sweaters, winter jackets, snow pants. I can save a whole lot doing this. The only thing I don't do is shoes as you never know how fast or slow kids' feet will grow. I'll do this for myself as well especially for swim wear and shorts and tank tops. Then I store them away in a bin and it's so fun to bring them out the next season and know that you've saved so much money and all the clothes are already bought and paid for.