Do You Buy Pajamas? Why?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by hellavu • Feb 1, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I mean, even if you don't sleep naked, I still am not sure what's the point of buying pajamas. I think I had my granny give me some ducky pajamas when I was a kid, for Christmas, and since I might have bought one time pajamas in a lingerie shop -- I liked the kit.

But I don't understand the pajamas business because how many can you need and why do you need one at all? An old t-shirt seems like the most comfortable thing you could sleep in anyway.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I like then because the UK can get very cold, especially at night. I am also trying to keep my heating bills to a minimum. Pajamas keep me much warmer in the winter than an old t-shirt or a night gown. I cannot bear wearing them on summer nights though - I get far too hot!

3. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I used to think the same way, just use an old over sized shirt and maybe some panties or joggers, but then one day I had the thought that when I come home and change out of my work clothes I want to wear something nice, pretty, maybe even a bit sexy. I wondered if secretly I was just a fat lazy bum that did not care how I looked at home. So I bought some very pretty pj's. I have cute over sized long shirts that I wear with a day robe, and I have very pretty longer gowns that I wear when I want to spoil me. I have heavy winter pants for when it is cold in the winter and I don't want to get dressed on the weekends right away. Maybe with them I will wear a T-shirt, maybe an actual PJ top, usually though it is a T-shirt or a thermal top because it gets very cold in the winter.

4. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    If a pajama set is on sale my mom will usually buy it for me if she thinks I will like it.
    I wear them but I don't sleep in them.
    If I am wearing pajamas around the house normally I will just wear the PJ top and some underwear to bed, pants are just way too restricting to me unless they are short shorts. Most nights though it is just a t-shirt and panties or bra and panties (yes I do just wear a top and panties during the winter as well)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought pajamas, but my mom used to buy me some, and until now I use them. I only wear the pajama pants when it's cold over here during December, January, and February. Apart from that, I don't wear pajamas every time I go to sleep, since I live in a tropical country.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love pajamas and I buy them whenever I can. Pajamas can be very useful especially during winter. Also, I feel very comfortable with pajamas. I have two sets of pajamas.. one for the winter and the other for summer. Just like what Mockingbird has said, I also want to wear something nice when I am in the house so whenever there are visitors that will come to your house, you are already presentable and you don't need to change clothes anymore.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During the winter I will wear a long sleeved shirt and maybe some lightweight pants. I get hot at night so I dress light to sleep without sweating. I purchased 3 sets of pj's for Christmas presents for my grands kids. They were well received, I was a little surprised that they got that excited about pj's. Mostly I a good with an oversized t-shirt.

8. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    As Mockingbird said, I have had the same thoughts. I used to (and still often do) just sleep in old shirts. But I have felt like I must look like a complete bum, so I try to at least match a pair of flannel pants to my t-shirts, and have been on the lookout for something cute myself.

I would also easily buy myself a set of pajamas, but I often find the top and bottom both do not fit me properly, so I have trouble finding things to fit the way I like for sleeping.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any pajama's in a long while, but I generally just sleep in a tank top and undies or a tee shirt. I really need to get a pair "lounge" pants, so that way I can answer the door in pj's if need be.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even though I'm not into clothes I don't like the idea of just wearing underwear and a long shirt. I don't know why I just don't even if I was to sleep alone and no matter what the weather was like. I guess part of the reason were I to sleep like that it would be inconvenient because I don't want to have to put anything else on when I walk the dogs.

11. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    I haven't bought pajamas in long time... I think the only ones I own from a few years back, when my parents/grandparents bought them for me. I think I stopped growing like when I was 14~ because even clothes from then still fit me, and I tend to wear those kiddy clothes as pajamas. I have a bunch of jackets and hoodies I layer over if it's too cold too.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never really purchased myself a pair of pajamas. All of my pajamas have come in the form of gifts from people, for either my birthday or Christmases. I have many many pairs, and I will wear my sweatpants as pajama bottoms too, as it does get frightfully cold in the UK.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was a little kid, my parents always bought me and my brothers a bunch of pajamas. The need for buying them ceased as we grew older. Right now, we just wear school jerseys, jogging pants and old casual clothes at home in lieu of pajamas. I have a onesie, however. I sometimes wear it but it doesn't feel comfortable.

14. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn pajamas since I was a child I don't think. It's not the sort of thing I can even wearing again until I'm an old man I don't think.

15. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have a bunch of sexy lingerie that gets worn next to never, I would never go out and buy pajamas. I will wear an old t-shirt and some work out shorts if I feel the need to wear anything at all. I actually prefer to sleep naked unless certain (ahem) circumstances prevent me from doing so.

16. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I buy pajamas from time to time. I just think they are warm and incredibly comfortable to sleep in. Shirts and shorts are fine to sleep in as well, but mostly during the summer. When winter rolls around I definitely opt for some comfortable pj's.

17. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, because I really fancy pajamas. It feels like when I'm wearing them that I'm back in my childhood. Somehow I am conditioned that when I'm wearing them, I'm supposed to relax that even if I'm not relaxing at all, that I'm doing something, I still feel as though I'm relaxed. In fact when I have to go all nighter, I would wear pajamas and after I'd just feel energised.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I wear shorts during the summer but during the winter, pajamas are important because it's not comfortable to wear most regular pants to me.

19. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I guess when we stop to think about it anything including old clothes can be suitable to sleep in. I have a few night gowns, but these were usually gifts at Christmas. I have also bought lounge dresses at yard sales that I have worn as pajamas. To be honest I haven't really thought about wearing anything nice to bed, why bother I am only going to bed. Maybe I would feel differently if I had a better budget but right now I just view buying pajamas as an elaborate expense that I can't afford.

20. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I buy pyjamas because I like to know that I can walk around my house at night without having to run the risk of walking into anybody without anything on. I wouldn't want to wear the same things at night as I did during the day, as my day time clothes are not comfortable enough to be able to go to sleep in, so I know that I would never do that. Buying PJs lets you know what you wear at night and what you wear in the day, and this means that you can keep them separate.