Do You Buy Pet Food Online or In the Store?

Discussion in Pets started by nwitt • Mar 25, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious what most people do when buying pet food. Do you purchase online to save money? Do you buy it last minute in the store? Our one cat is on prescription food due to urinary issues, so we have to show a prescription at Pet Smart. I am pretty sure I can't purchase this online, because of that reasoning.

For anyone who purchases online, are you able to save a lot more?

2. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I did not know that you could purchase pet food online. I have been looking for a way to keep buying quality food but cheaper. My poor dog gets allergies from some food. Do you know some reputable online petstores where I could get Iams and other foods like that?

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Daria, just go to a place like Amazon! That's actually where I HAVE to go buy our cat food because our cat requires a specialty food. Instead of ordering through a vet, I just hop online and order it for even cheaper, plus have it delivered right to my door instead of needing to make another stop while in town.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always used to buy dog food on the store because it was faster and more convenient. However last time I got it online because I found the food my dog eats on sale at a great website that delivered the food in only a couple of days. I recommend buying food online when you find it on a sale like I did it.

5. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Do you mind telling me where you buy your food online? I've always bought my food in stores, but if it is worth saving some money I'll definitely look to shop online. I've looked for the brand of food that I buy my dogs on Amazon, but the price is identical. Is there another website out there?

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy cat food at the supermarket, but now since my cat requires a low-carb cat food, I'm trying to look for certain cat food brands online and in pet stores. So far, domestic wise, I have no such luck in finding those certain brands, so my last resort is to order them online, internationally. Too bad it's gonna cost more if that's the case, because of the customs fees.

7. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I buy grain free food at the store, at Tractor Supply no less. I would do online too, but it is available easily, so that is what I do right now.

8. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I don't really buy pet food online. I get paranoid that the food would go bad or something during the shipping. But a lot of the best reviewed healthy can be found online for great deals. Finding the same foods in stores can be difficult or very expensive.

9. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I generally buy dog food at our Veterinarian's office because our dogs have to have special dog food because of allergies. If I could find it online at a cheaper price I would definitely buy that!

10. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Great sources: