Do you buy protein powders?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 20, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of protein powders out there and the selection can be a bit overwhelming. In addition to the type (source) of protein, there are vegan ones, sweetened and unsweetened, and ones in all sorts of flavours. I have tries a couple of types and while I wouldn't say that I love any of them, there are some that I prefer to others. My main concern is the quality of the protein and not my preference for one brand or another.

Is there a protein powder that you like? If so, what makes you like it? Are there cheaper powders that are just as good as the more expensive varieties?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't bother with them. When I read about how they were made, it turned me off to them. The ones made with whey, for example, were many created to make money off the leftover whey, which is a byproduct of producing stuff like yogurt & greek yogurt. Whey can also be an allergen to some people.

In addition, the powders themselves are heavily processed and may contain other unnatural chemicals such as artificial sweeteners.

I get plenty of protein from natural foods, no need to waste money on additional powders.