Do you buy shoes online?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by maee9713 • Jan 14, 2014.

1. maee9713

maee9713New Member

Threads:
    I am curious as to whether or not a lot of people buy shoes online. I personally never have for my children or myself. It's not a purchase I could make without trying them on first, especially if they are shoes that I might wear often. Shoe comfort varies so much depending on the brand and if you have a hard to fit foot, such as a wide foot, I would think you would definitely need to try them on first. I guess there's always the option of returning them if you don't like them, but to me that seems more of a hassle than just going to the store and trying them on in the first place. I do like the ability to check store availability first. I will search for shoes/clothing online and see if it's in a store near me. That way, when I go shopping I know what I'm looking for.

2. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    Well, I haven't. Partly because of my absurd shoe size which seems to change every time I buy new shoes. Also, Shoes must be tested in store to make sure that they are comfortable. Online shopping works for a lot of things but unfortunately, shoes aren't one.

3. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I agree..shoes are about fit and comfort (as well as looks). I want to try them on, so I would never buy shoes on line. Other things like electronics would be a different story.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bought shoes online because I am afraid they won't fit properly on my feet and if this happens instead of saving time I'll be wasting time by returning them and in some cases this might even carry costs to me. So in what concerns footwear I prefer to go to the shop and try them on, if it fits I buy them. ;)

5. Scipio

ScipioNew Member

Threads:
    Like others have stated, buying shoes online poses a serious risk in whether or not they can fit. And I honestly just use online as a supplement along with calling the retail store if they still have the particular brand in stock. I’ve had several cases where sometimes the same shoe sizes doesn’t necessarily correlate with other cases. Especially when some shoe models may be lacking in explaining if they're for wide or narrow feet.

And then another thing to be considerate about is how often the retail store updates their inventory online. Because I could easily imagine that during the holiday seasons, or any even for discounts can have people falling for false hopes. This is why I feel the best approach is to directly buy your shoes from a retail or brick-and-mortar store.

6. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I purchase shoes online all the time, it really depends on what you want. I mean there are people like yourself who ma want a shoe they have never had before. For me though, I don't really get anything until I know exactly how it will be or have some type of review on it first. When it comes to clothes however I usually just stick to the basics. Doing just that ensures I don't purchase something I don't need or will never have a need for in the near time future.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely purchase shoes online because you can't try them on for fit. The last time I went this route, I paid a lot of money for a pair of shoes I wore only a handful of times. These shoes hurt my feet terribly. So, this experience taught me a good lesson.

8. 4justice

4justiceNew Member

Threads:
    When it comes to anything in terms of clothing and shoes, I always go and buy those in person. The reason being is I like to actually try things on to make sure they fit just right. And also, I'm usually too lazy to send things back in the mail. So I'd be stuck with things that possibly don't fit, aren't the right color, etc.

Electronics on the other hand I don't mind buying online

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never and will never buy shoes online, because they must be fitted before anyone buys them. And with so many malls in my area, shopping in general is very convenient, so there's no excuse to just settle for buying them online.

10. Plinko

PlinkoMember

Threads:
    One Christmas, I bought some shoes online for my nephew and nieces. They all gave me their sizes, preferences, etc. Turned out that out of all the shoes I ordered, there wasn't a single fit. My sister had to take back all the shoes to a Foot Locker and exchange/return them all. Nowadays, about the only shoes I would order online would be flip-flops.

11. Kendra70422

Kendra70422New Member

Threads:
    I have purchased shoes from Online plenty of times simply because I receive a lot of payments towards Paypal and sometimes I can't get up to go to the store and buy them there. When I'm sick and can't get up I try and get my brother or sister to do it for me but they are always busy so I took the time and went to Ebay to start my purchases from there. Over the past few years, I have ordered over 50 pairs of shoes and counting! Ebay allows you to have free shipping on most of their products and a discount as well as great customer service! All packages ship out priority mail as well and will arrive to you within 3-5 business days. You can't go wrong with them, they are trusted!

12. bigboss25

bigboss25New Member

Threads:
    I have purchased shoes online several times and each time I have never had a problem.

When I purchase shoes from footlocker.com they have a 100% fit guarantee, that ensures that you wont have to worry about them being a bad fit.

I have also purchased a pair of shoes from Eastbay before.

The only reason they didn't fit good is because I bought these shoes one size bigger.

I really wanted these shoes but they didn't have my size in stock so that's why I bought them a size bigger.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty boring when it comes to shoes. I only wear Adidas for my casual shoes, and I only wear plain black Dockers loafers for my dress shoes. I usually can get both at the mall, but once in a while they will be out of my size, so I will have to order them online. This doesn't happen very often though. The only reason I am willing to order these specific shoes online is because I've been wearing them for years and now exactly how they fit me. Otherwise I would never go through the trouble of ordering and returning them numerous times through the mail. Not worth the cost or hassles.

14. qaximor

qaximorNew Member

Threads:
    I did just last week. I bought Timberland 6" boots. Usually they are sold here in stores for 200 euros but I found them on amazon.de for 156 Euros which is still expensive but hey I still saved couple of Euros. Which we had a big sale shoe online shop in Germany!

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually always get shoes online! In the US, I have purchased many times from websites like Shoedazzle, Hautelook an Sole Society, and even Forever 21 once. I have returned a couple because they either didn't fit right or didn't look like they did in the picture, but overall I had luck with them. For Shoedazzle for example I started buying many shoes from them at one point, so I knew exactly what shoe size from them I should order that would be a nice fit. Of course, some of them I would not have purchased if I actually had tried them on in stores cause they were not as comfortable as I would have wished. But some I paid such an awesome price for I wear them anyway. And most websites you can return and exchange them anyway and ship back for free. And I had a great case once with Hautelook where I ordered a red shoe and they sent me the same kind but in black. I contacted them complaining, and they said that as they didn't have the red in stock anymore for me to do an exchange, I could keep the show and they would refund me. And they did! So I got the black shoes for free!
    I would recommend trying to buy some online and see what you think. Websites like Shoedazzle have reviews from buyers letting you know if that specific shoe fits half a size small, a size small, half large or one size large. It helps a lot!

16. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm luckily pretty much spot on in between a US 8.5 and US 9 so I have the benefit of if 1 size is out of stock I can order the other and pretty much fit into either whether the make is on the smaller or larger side. In terms of buying online, yeah all the time! Much greater range and usually so much cheaper buying from the US than my home country.