Do you buy shoes online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am so happy to announce that my first shoe purchase over the internet went really well. I was really apprehensive at first, but after searching around the city for a few weeks without a result, I decided to order a pair of my favourite Naot shoes directly from Israel, where they are made. I have been wearing those shoes for over ten years now, and it wasn't hard to find them in the country where I used to live before. But here no shoe store carries this brand which is famous for its orthopaedic, yet stylish designs. I found them on a special sale on eBay and am so pleased sitting here with my new shoes fitting my feet perfectly.
    Do you ever buy shoes online?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy ANY clothes online if I can help it because I am a bit too lazy to be bothered to send them back when they don't fit, and my body and limbs are a funny shape so a lot of the time thins don't fit me properly. I actually enjoy the whole shopping experience anyway, as long as I'm on my own and it isn't too busy. :)

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Same here, I don't want to be bothered by the hassle of returning wearables likes shoes or shirt when they would not fit once they arrive in the mail. But I do have a friend who brags about her 96 pairs of shoes that she has successfuly bought through amazon. She has been encouraging me to do the same or even buy the same pair together through her amazon account. We did purchase a watch for each of us one time and the watch that arrived for me was deffective so I had to have it replaced. After that incident, she never bothered me again about buying online.

4. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    Shoes are one of the few things i never purchase online (as well as pants) because of how important fit is for me. I like to make sure it feels right before purchasing because I can't be bothered with the hassle of sending them back if I am not pleased with them. Granted, I know the sizes that fit well for certain brands I buy often (which is how I purchase shirts online), but call it paranoia, but I just have to walk a mile (not literally- too lazy) in the shoes before making the leap.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never buy shoes online because my size is a bit odd in that I often need wide sized ones in some designs and I can never tell unless I'm able to try them on first. I've been tempted to do so in some sites that offer wide shoes, though, and I'm thinking of giving it a try in the near future. I'd most likely just try it out during Christmas when everything is on sale so that I won't end up regretting my purchase if ever they were the wrong size since I'd presumably be able to buy them at a discounted price.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy shoes online and just guess the size and hope for the best. Lately my foot seems to be shrinking and I can wear anywhere from a 7-8.5 so I stopped buying online unless I have already bought the style and brand before or if it is such a good deal that I can just return it if it doesn't work out.

7. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    No. I want to try them on first. I want to make sure they fit well, but most of all, they need to be comfortable. I don't think I will ever buy shoes nor clothes online.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought shoes online and I don't think I ever will, if some item requires to be fitted on the body then I think I won't buy such items online. The trouble of returning them discourages me, and considering that I live in an area where there is an overload of malls, then I can simply just drop by one of them and make a purchase.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy shoes online because I need to try them on. Sometimes, even though shoes are my size, they fit a little too tight ,so you can't go by size. I'd rather buy shoes in person and be sure that they'll be comfortable before I buy them.

10. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought shoes online. I have a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable to wear. I am scared of purchasing shoes online only to find out they don't fit or are not comfortable. I rather go to a store to purchase shoes. I think going to a store will save me the hassle of returning shoes because I get the opportunity to try them on first.

11. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought shoes online, but with my changing needs in exercise I have decided to go to a store instead - mostly to make sure that they will fit the activities that I want to accomplish.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the same thing that happened to me. On my first online shoe purchase I was apprehensive that they would not fit or look good, but when they arrived and all of them fit perfectly, I started buying my shoes online all the time!

13. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've recently seen alot of sites advertising shoes and it does seem inviting but I would need to seriously try the shoes on. I wouldn't want to go through the drama of having to send them back.

14. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Nope and never will. Even if you know for certain what your shoe size is, each different brand of shoe fits differently to your foot. It's not like shoes are something you have to buy very often anyways, so a trip to the store a couple times a year doesn't seem like something that should be to big of a hassle. Even though prices are likely much better online, I'd rather be certain the pair of shoes I'm buying is a comfortable fit and exactly what I want. That's worth a few extra dollars

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying shoes online is more like buying clothes online. But slightly worse because if clothes don't fit you can at least have them resized. But shoes? If buying from a store is a hassle at times to get the right size that fits, how much harder would it be to find the right size online?

To avoid any and all complications that might arise [returning the shoes, paying for shipping twice, etc] I wouldn't buy shoes online.

16. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Shoes and clothing are things I really don't like buying online, unless it's just a simple funny shirt or something...
    It never really fits right, and I imagine that with shoes it would be a pain as well, I'd rather try the shoes and clothes out at the store before buying.
    Yes I do know that you can return it, but that's always a hassle and maybe they don't have the right size available anymore when you send it back...