Do You Buy Workout Videos?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Denis Hard • Jan 26, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've lately been receiving a lot of spam mail — Buy cheap workout DVDs. You don't have to pay for gym membership again — and all that sounds great.

Workout videos certainly can save someone money but there's no need to buy any DVDs when you can find the same content on youtube free. They don't offer anything you won't find free somewhere on the net.

If you see these DVDs on the net don't buy them. Find the similar videos on Youtube and save some money.

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    No simply because I can watch full workout videos on Youtube for free. I agree with you that there are lot of workout content available online and what's great about them is that they cost absolutely nothing. I also noticed that there are a lot of ads that sell these DVDs. I don't know if they realize that these kind of shows are not that hot anymore and it may be better if they move on to other kind of shows.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never did before... nowadays there is such a wide variety of videos for free on streaming websites and Youtube specially that I don't think buying a DVD or video is necessary. Sure, they might be more complete than something you find for free, but is it worth the money?

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy them, because I can find most of the ones that are good on YouTube, meaning that buying the actual DVDs would just be a waste of money. Also, I don't tend to use workout videos that much, because I prefer to do things go for walks and go swimming to get my exercise, as it is getting out of the house, so working out in my own home isn't really something that I do all that often these days.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't heard of workout videos being sold for a long time now, probably because you can now just get all content digitally. I would also probably just visit youtube and save my money for other things, and if I really wanted to get something that maybe has a bit of a brand to it then I'd probably just seek out a digital copy of it online as usually these videos are also sold in their official sites. If it's something being spammed in my email then I'd stay far away from it as possible.

6. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    I never did this .

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I have in the past! At the time, I was really motivated and inspired to do so, to the point where I bought 3 very expensive ones at the same time. Sadly, I've yet to put them to use. I'll hold my hands up and say they are on my DVD shelf collecting dust **hides face** But I'd like to think I will use them at some point. I just need to find the time and drum up some enthusiasm.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, why pay when you can get them for free, right? We actually have some of those workout DVD's at home, but no one watches them, lol. Youtube has a wealth of content that can be downloaded, so if I want a workout video then I would just download there.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is not to brag but my husband made several workout videos for me. In fact, they are uploaded in youtube although the lyrics of the songs are in Filipino. The workout song is instructional so all I needed was to listen to what the song would tell me to do like if I should bend my body or if I should jump. However, I really don't have much interest in workouts so I just played it for several times and then forgot all about it.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In this day and age, where we have Youtube, and ways to pirate movies online for no cost at all, I don't feel like I would ever need to purchase a workout DVD. My mother still purchases them though. She is not bothered about the fact that I could find the movie that she wants online and then burn it to a DVD disc. She would just buy it. I will get them for free though - if I want them at all, because there are plenty of useful workouts on Youtube for free.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well, when it come to saving money that also includes not wasting money on things that you can easily find elsewhere, and I think that this one falls into that category. I would really have to do a reality check if I found myself spending twenty dollars on a DVD of someone else working out. I just think that you can find what you are looking for elsewhere.

12. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I like using engines like YouTube to find out what works for me. And then if a workout video routine works for an extended period of time, I like to buy it. I have had several though the course of my life time that I used over and over again and so it was worth it to me to have bought them. Some of these have been Susan Powter, Calenetics, TyBo, and Zumba. When I put these all in a sentence it sounds quite funny because several of these are way outdated. But things I learned from each of them, I still use. Zumba is the one I am currently doing but my friend gave it to me as a gift.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's spam and you never initiated requests about them don't answer them, just delete them not even unsubscribe it, because they might be filled with viruses attached to it. I don't buy videos about exercising. I do the free version watch television and run in place and deep breathing exercises, knee bends, etc. :D:p:)

14. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Same as you, I use YouTube to find workout videos. I mean, why pay when you can find them for free and legally? Plus, they actually work because I've lost weight just by doing the exercises on YouTube.

Though some workouts are of course aren't available. I remember searching for a certain exercise program and being bummed when I found out it wasn't available for free. So that's the catch, the higher end programs won't be available for you.

15. solana

solanaNew Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a workout video in my life. I am really grateful for youtube, where I can exercise along with my favorite online trainer for free. Obviously, it's not the same as when you have a trainer right next to you, someone who might point out aspects about wrong body postures or positions, but you can always ask your online trainer questions. And many of them are happy to answer.