Do you check the nutrition facts of what you are eating?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 9, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very particular with the nutrition facts of the food, more on the processed food that I eat that I bought from the grocery. Often, I find some imbalances. Some have a high sodium content, sugar and others, relative to the quantity of the food. I watch closely the amount of sodium as I want to limit my intake of it because I don't want to have kidney stones and sugar because I know that I really like sweet foods, and often I go not noticing that I have already taken inside me a high amount of sugar which will surely lead me to having diabetes.

2. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    If I can't decide between brands or items at the supermarket, I check the label to see which one is healthier. I was shopping for canned beans for chilli last week, and I couldn't decide on the white or the red kidney beans. Did you know that the red ones have more iron, and there is less sodium? The sodium doesn't really matter because I rinse the beans, but I would have thought that beans were all the same!

When I am eating food at home, I would glance at the nutritional label to see how much sugar I am consuming. Diabetes runs strong in my family and I try to avoid eating too many sweets or having too many sweet drinks in one day. I am not really concerned with calories, but sugar is dangerous if consumed in large quantities!

3. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Well whenever I'm on a diet I check the facts but no, not usually. I feel like I should but I'm way too lazy for that. But hey, I'm only 21 so maybe I will when I get older? :0

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I find when I'm shopping for food I'm very determined on buying what's healthy and carefully reading everything on the nutrition label. But when I'm at home or at a restaurant I eat whatever I want more than I should. I spend way too much time at the market reading nutrition labels and comparing different products. Sugar and sodium I pay the most attention to but I think I neglect other important nutritional data.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, no. When I see something that I want to buy, I just buy that food item asap. I don't bother to look at the labels. Maybe because I can eat anything and I'm not allergic to anything, that's why I don't bother to check what's in my food.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    No not really and I'm guessing most of those facts are not really facts. But when I'm curious or just bored in general, I check it out sometimes, kinda pays to know what kinds of nutrients and elements you're stuffing in your face. Most of the times I just scour the isles hunting for my favorite snack or food and I just throw them in my basket never looking at it.