Do you consider yourself trendy when it comes to cloths?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by thepieeatingjay • Nov 6, 2014.

1. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjayMember

Threads:
    I know everyone will have varying opinions on this. But do you feel you're a person that keeps up with the latest fashions? I myself was like that when I was younger. But as I aged, I began to care more about simply having something decent to wear, regardless of it being trendy or not. Name brand and style took a back seat to sensibility as I grew up.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I think "trendy" isn't really the right word, but I do consider myself in style. I tend to purchase classic styles and classic colors when it comes to clothes, so that my closet is versatile, but not dated. I also purchase clothes that flatter my body. I mean, just because skinny jeans are currently "hip" does not mean everyone should wear them. Hah.

Now, if you are talking about shoes, I think I stay a little more up to date. Again, not "trendy" (I do not own a pair of Toms and never will), but I update my shoes yearly, because shoes go for so cheap when on sale and styles usually last a couple of years. One thing I try to buy myself every year is a new pair of boots. I always shop at Dillards and Belk in January when all the boots are on sale. Very often, the season is over here in NC just after that, so when I break them out (again) the next Fall, they still feel new and I typically get lots of compliments, even though I never pay full price.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I am always keeping up with the new fashion so yes i would consider myself very trendy. I actually just started creating my own magazine. I love how trends change with the times.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't consider myself trendy, but I think I dress according to what I feel suits me. It doesn't have to be the latest fad, but not too outdated either. Like I don't wear skinny jeans, but I still wear capri's since it's not that awkward to look at.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Keeping up with the new fashion is like trying to pick up a hair follicle in windy weather. You see it there for a little bit and then it blows off onto someone where else. Fashion comes and goes and never truly stays in one set for any length of time. I always strive for a clean look that is not over doing. If you want to know what over doing it in fashion is then look at what most stars where during awards shows and red carpet events.

6. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    You have to keep up with the fashion, otherwise you risk looking weird and outdated in the crowd. That';s why I prefer to keep up and change with the rapidly changing fashion. Whle I wouldn't;t consider myself trendy, I would say I am way of what I wear.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I have never considered myself trendy when it comes to fashion and clothes, neither in technology. I am the type of person who keeps the good old days good days. They are never old for me. Unlike to a lot of people, I don't get easily swayed by the luring advancements in everything, from fashion to technology. But I make sure to myself though that my lifestyle and my need wouldn't be compromised. For example my laptop. It's so much old now, but when I got it's the most advanced of it's time, among if not. Until now, it remains quite ahead of the regular laptops around, not as advanced as those high ends that we have now, though. Nevertheless, I am still able to make the most of what I really need. They still meet the function I initially intended when I bought them.

8. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't consider myself trendy because I do not keep up with the latest fashions on an international platform or within my own country. I have never been one to follow fashion trends. I dress modestly and comfortably and that is what is important to me. Besides, I sew all my own clothes. So, I only sew by my own personal taste and without the influence of anyone else.

9. semizeu33

semizeu33Banned

Threads:
    man... this is amazing:)

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely follow trends. I just pick out clothes that I really find interesting. They don't have to be flashy or from a prestigious brand. As long as the clothes exude a psychedelic and unusual vibe, I pursue them. Rather than call my clothing preferences "trendy" or "fashionable," I call them suited to my style. I have my own way of wearing clothes based on intuition.

11. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    Nope. I rather create my own trend than follow what is in. I love to wear things that is good looking for me and is practical. I trust my fashion sense and my GF even asks me for tips on what to wear at times. I think I have the instinct when it comes t fashion. Most of my clothes are shirts and pants though.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Not really. I do not keep up with the latest fashion trends. I just buy clothes that make me feel comfortable and look decent. I think that keeping up with fashion trends is very expensive. I do not have the luxury to spend a lot of money, so I stay away from it as much as possible!

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have my own style which is a combination of classic clothes with updated colors and cuts and vintage items. I tend to dress more practically now because when it's freezing cold outside, I would rather wear ski pants than get wind rash for the sake of looking trendy, though I do try. Friends used to stare at me when I wore them, but at least I was warm and dry unlike them!

If I am out then I do think about what I am wearing, but if I go to the local shop, I don;t mind what i wear anymore. I used to, but then realized it doesn't always matter.

14. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not trendy at all. I have a few classics and things I personally like that are not in style but I don't care because I like them. I just wear what I want regardless of the fashion of the season. I do not like to have more clothes than necessary and don't like to get rid of anything before it is totally worn out and useless, so I just wear what I want, forget trends.

15. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Not at all. I usually just wear shirt and jeans. This combo never goes out of style. Lol. I don't even shop for new clothes a lot. Often times, my sisters would have to do a lot of convincing to make me go with them and buy new clothes. But when it comes to shoes, it's kind of different. I love shoes and I have quite a collection of them.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Trends mean nothing to me. Suffice it to be said that I hardly ever leave the compound where I live. I only do when I go shopping and when other [social] obligations demand that I do. Do people dress up when they go shopping in a small town? None of them do. So normally, I buy only clothes that are durable but inexpensive.