Do you coupon when grocery shopping?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Sweetkymom • Jun 2, 2014.

1. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I personally am always armed with a envelope of coupons anytime I go to a store. You never know what deals you'll run into until you actually visit the store. I usually have my store list with coupons together and have extra coupons in the pocket just in case. I can't stand to miss a deal when I'm out shopping.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do, it saves me a little bit each week when I go to the grocery store but over a year the saving will be significant. I also bring my coupon envelope with me (I bought one of the sturdy plasticy envelopes from Staples) because I would hate to see an unadvertised sale and know I have a coupon for it at home. I cut coupons once a week, only cutting coupons for products I buy on a regular basis, and go through my coupon envelope twice a month to get rid of any expired coupons.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know what, I noticed that here in the Philippines, coupons are unheard of. I think only the 1st world countries offer such perks. We buy newspapers everyday and it's really rare that I get to see coupons, only during the Chinese New Year when McDonald's hands them out, and you get a discount when you purchase those items. I guess the companies can't afford to give discounts on their products on a regular basis.

4. ghostwheel

ghostwheelMember

Threads:
    Never used to bother with this until quite recently. I've been using the discount card and vouchers in particular with Iceland in the UK - those saving are adding up to a sizable amount every time.

I used to shop in Asda more often but they just never seem to do any shop based discount; apparently I think the products are supposed to be already so cheap that a discount/loyalty incentive just isn't necessary (not always true)

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, you sound like a well rounded couponer! :D I use the coupons when I can actually find them, here in Canada I haven't found as many opportunities though and we can't stack coupons on top of each other which is a really sad blow. I try to use them though, you're right, you can save quite a bundle when you use them :)

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually something I'd like to start doing more of. While at the time, it may not seem like you're saving a ton of money, if you use coupons for several different grocery shopping trips, then the savings will really start to add up. It doesn't really take all that long to do either as most grocery store sites show their special and coupons online nowadays and it doesn't take all that long to see what coupons would work for you.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. They save me, my time and my money. I don't like missing out opportunities, more if I have the key for them. So, I always bring my coupons with me whenever I am out for a grocery. Nowadays, and as it always has been, it pays to be smart, wise and opportunity grabber. Only that one must always be ready to take on the opportunities. And by that I mean that he is always capable.

8. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah many times i have used them and that feels amazing lol. Basically what i feel is they need to be utilized at something which is worth buying and is expensive so you can get possible discount on it but at the same time coupon is what we use whenever we have it,,No matter what is the way of buying it.