Do you do internet banking?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by tinyfang • Mar 24, 2014.

1. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Internet banking has been around for quite some time now. For me, it has been a very useful tool to move money around and keep track of my expenses.

I use Royal Bank of Canada and have been using internet banking since 2004. I use it to pay certain bills, move money to and from Paypal, accept money directly from clients and employers, as well as a way to track my GIC's.

Do you use internet banking? If not, why not? If so, how long have you been using it? Also, how is your overall experience with it so far?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use internet banking and have been using it for the last one year. Ever since I got into it, I find it's a lot more easier for me to check make payments, accept payments, check my account any time to see if I've received money I was expecting from a client. It's a lot easier than going to a bank every two days to conduct all those transactions. But most importantly since I live way out of town, internet banking has saved me a lot in fuel costs.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    Internet banking is wonderful! Our current bank is back in Idaho however here in Texas, they can not be found. We did not want to close our account, we have been very loyal customers of out bank for years and we trust them. Thanks to internet banking, not only can we keep the bank that we want to, but we pay our bills, never get charged any fee's at all, deposit our checks automatically and when we do get a physical check, say from my grandmother, we can take a picture of it and send the picture to our bank and it get's deposited. I don't know what we would do without internet banking. My grandparents still do not trust it and they are still writing checks for everything. I keep trying to tell them the benefits however, they just are very stubborn about it and swear they will never do it.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is an interesting thread for me, as I was recently contemplating whether I should start with internet banking. It certainly would be a lot more convenient than my current arrangement. I have only been using paypal and my prepaid visa credit card online, being too concerned about the possible dangers of making direct bank transactions.
    I will do some further research and then see if I will go ahead with it.

5. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    I've always used internet banking. I utilize the options for paperless bank statements and automatic bill pay. It really is the way to go in my opinion. Less paperwork and hassle to deal with is never a bad thing, and I've actually been rewarded by my credit card company for choosing to go with paperless billing statements. They sent me a $5 Starbucks gift card. It wasn't much. but at least it was something :)

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use internet banking with Ally and Bank of America. Bank of America ebanking is a checking account that is free of fees as long as you never go inside the bank. Ally is a high yield online savings account that doesn't charge any fees. I got rid of my offline savings account because it was too easy to withdraw my savings, so I wasn't really putting money away. I'm happy with online banking and I find it really convenient. I don't miss writing checks at all and I don't get paper bank statements.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use internet banking for basic stuff like checking how much money I have, making transfers or paying some bills, I think it's really easy, secure and so far totally free. I also pay some of my bills still on the ATM machine because I get the payment receipt immediately without having to print it.

8. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I find internet banking as the best banking innovation. Imagine, having to do all your banking needs by using just your computer or smart phone. I am a fan of internet banking. I even have a mobile app on my phone. It is really pretty convenient. I don't need to send money just to pay my bills. I don't need to fall in line and waste so much time because I need to beat a due date. But, I always tell myself that I should be securing my log in credentials. I can never be too complacent about my information. There are a lot of hackers out there that might get hold of my information.

9. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I do internet banking and it's great! It's so convenient to transfer earnings through accounts or pay bills. You can look up banks and statements and loans details. I think that its more safer to do online than at a real bank. Unless people are not smart about where they are using their credits cards or bank information.

10. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Once you do it, there is nothing like it. I can instantly know things, why would I ever WAIT for paper anymore to tell me?

Now, mind you, I don't do completely paperless because the internet connection can go down, computers, etc........but hey, once you have that knowledge, power, there is nothing else!

My elderly mother was taken by a scam, she looked up and her money in the bank was gone! She has no computer, and watches her paper once a month like a hawk, but IF she had been able to see it when it actually happened, that makes me check mine every day!

Also, something else you can do if you don't do internet is to check your balance at the ATM.

11. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Internet Banking since the service was available. I pay my bills online, send and receive money, and also to check my statement.

But there are times when I don't have Internet connection so that always reminds me that I can never rely on Internet 100% for this purpose. I still go to the ATM machine a lot nowadays.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been doing online banking for quite a few years now, in fact I can't even begin to remember the last time I actually stepped foot inside a real bank. I also use an app on my phone to transfer money to other people's accounts.

If you had your bank's app on your phone you could do a lot of what you can do with online banking without an internet connection. :)

13. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I bank online almost exclusively. It is just too convenient not to.

14. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know of any reason not to use Internet banking. It's just so handy in this day and age to be able to check your balance, send money etc without having to go to the nearest hole in the wall. Any day or night too!

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love internet banking. It frees up some much time that is wasted in banks. Plus I can stay on top of my accounts. I only had problems with one internet bank. It was the Citibank's internet division. They royally screwed up my paycheck direct deposit. Horrible customer service.

16. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do internet banking at all, purely because I don't feel secure doing it. My mother had problems with her internet banking last year and it ended in her bank accounts being wiped of thousands of pounds. Although the bank covered her and she ended up getting all of her money back, that was still a devastating time for her and it put her life on hold for a long time while she waited for the bank to investigate the incident and try to recoup her money for her. For that exact reason, I don't want to get into internet banking anytime soon - I'd rather go down the bank using my own two feet if I need to make a transaction!

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely use internet banking because I like the convenience of checking my balance online and transferring money or paying bills. Once, someone tried to charge over $1,000 on my debit card and it was declined. I found out immediately because I check on my account every day, so I was able to cancel the debit card right away. With paper statements, it would have taken me ages to find out.

18. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes! I love to do online banking. It's way-y-y-y easier than going inside one of these facilities (banks) and standing in a long line. Also, sometimes, tellers have a bit of an attitude and I really don't like it. BUT - since they are handling my money --- well, you get the drift.

Hate this . . .
    waiting-in-line-300x158.

19. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    That's one of the benefits of online banking, I guess. But then there's always the risk of your computer becoming infected with some SpyWare (something that can happen just by visiting a website nowadays) and a similar thing could've happened, $1000 could have been wiped from your account in an instant and changing your online banking details. That would have been a pain in the butt to resolve with the bank and cost you a lot of your time!

20. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like she may have been the victim of fraud rather than anything to do with her internet banking, which could have happened in any number of ways. But if you don't feel comfortable that's understandable.