Do you drink energy drinks?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by boone • Oct 16, 2012.

1. boone

booneNew Member

Threads:
    Do you drink energy drinks? I love monster energy drinks. My favorite are the blue, low carb drinks. I find that I get a good bit of energy from these. Rockstars are also pretty good but I really only like the Rockstar recovery drinks (lemonade, orange, grape). I have had a few weird local energy drinks that have not been that good. Some just have way to much caffeine or other natural stuff that isn't that good. I try not to drink to many energy drinks also. Maybe 1-3 per week. I know a lot of people who drink them everyday and cannot function without them. I don't want to be that person that has to depend on getting their energy froma drink.

2. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    Monster is good, but it's full of calories and sugar. They do more harm than good, and that's why I stay away from them. I've heard good things about 5 Hour Energy and Worx, though. I haven't had a chance to try them, but supposedly they only have a couple of calories and a low amount of sugar.

3. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I got tired of the typical energy drinks like redbull & monster but I drink and love the tropical citrus flavored vitamin water. It has caffeine and guarana and has a really smooth and delicious taste. Just enough of a boost to get through the day!

4. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    The ones I've tried are just those that can be found in our gym which are offered for free in fitness first such as powerade and gatorade :D I don't think there's much difference to what I feel before and after drinking though. Maybe its just a psycho thing.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do drink energy drinks on days when I feel so sluggish. My favorite is the Starbucks double shot espresso one. I love the taste and that it is super inexpensive. It has a coffee taste and half a can does the trick for me.

6. marrykerry

marrykerryNew Member

Threads:
    No, i drink water only.

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I actually do drink energy drinks especially before I work out. I don't know if it really helps but I think I just used to doing that. If it does not really help my body, at least it helps my mind to push through some extra pounds. :D

8. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing that's stopping me from taking energy drinks is actually the flavor. I haven't encountered a single energy drink that I could actually stomach. I just go with either the typical coffee or maybe vitamins.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I don't drink them at all. I find them disgusting and many of them actually make me physically sick. I can't handle fake sweeteners because they make me throw up, ugh.

My mom drinks them constantly, though. She's one of those people who is addicted to them and can barely function without them.

10. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I used to drink an energy called XS in high school - almost one a day! And in college, I was a frequent buyer of a variety of energy drinks (Monster, Red Bull) to use for energy and for mixers. Today, though? I don't think I ever need that surge of energy that comes with energy drinks. I'd rather just stick with water, tea, or coffee. Sometimes, a soda will work - but I feel like tea and coffee are better alternatives for me. When I really need energy, I stick with Red Bull because it works for me - but that rarely is necessary.

11. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've had a occasional Rockstar. My husband drinks them all the time. He's cut back thank goodness. I'm pretty sure they aren't good for you, and they're expensive. Two sips of one of those keeps me up for hours.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink them, they all taste too sweet to me, even the sugar free ones. They leave a strong aftertaste in my mouth that's hard to get out, and some of them would stain my lips and tongue. I don't like getting that speedy off of caffeine like that because beyond a certain point it starts making me scatterbrained and I can't focus on anything or get my work done, then I crash really hard later when I need to get stuff done at home.

13. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I don't drink them at all. I had tried one and it made me sick after the second time I had one. That was it for me. I did notice a boost of energy when I had it, but for me it was too much. I guess my energy must not be that bad, I felt wired. It was not good. They just don't agree with me. Now if I need energy to wake up in the morning, I have a half of a cup of coffee. I can't have too much caffeine either as it also affects me negatively, so I will never go over my half a cup a day limit if I have coffee.

14. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    I'm a big-time coffee drinker, but I do have an occasional energy drink. I prefer either Red Bull (sugar free) or 5-hour Energy. I've found 5-Hour Energy to be better if I'm just looking for a little bump - more to sharpen my concentration than anything. I go to the Red Bull when I need to stay awake (long drives, etc.).

15. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have never had one and I will continue to stay away from them. I already consume too much sugar in my diet, so these drinks would do way more harm than good. I stick to water and the occasional 7 Up or ginger ale when I am feeling sick.

16. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I used to, but I'm trying to cut back on them. I have a friend who drinks several monsters per day...he's probably gonna have a heart attack before he hits age 30.

17. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I do not drink energy drinks. I am wary of them and I think they are potentially dangerous. I have tried a Monster drink, but didn't find anything special about it. I never really feel like I need an artifical energy boost though, so I don't really see the point.

18. toni_s

toni_sNew Member

Threads:
    I used to drink Redbull when I was still a student in Law School. That was to keep me awake for a longer period of time during the nights until around 2 in the morning so I can finish those thick books and get myself ready for class exams or recitations the following day. It really did a good job in keeping me awake. However, I stopped drinking energy drinks when I finished schooling. I now believe that they can be harmful to our health and they are also full of sugar and calories. Coffee though is still my favorite. But the bottled ones from the supermarket shelves, I stopped taking them.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Red Bull is basically sugar in water with food coloring - and it is disgusting, however I do take Red Bull infused alcoholic drinks. I like how the buzz lasts so much longer thereafter. Monster has not been cool with me since I got sick off one during a final for chemistry. I don't really deal with alot of other energy drinks and I think things like 5 Hour are scams that will eventually kill someone. So I stick with Powerade and Gatorade and coke.

20. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I do drink energy drinks when I have so many school works to finish and I'm cramming already. I drink RedBull and Sting. Does Gatorade count as energy drink? I also drink Gatorade occasionally whenever I feel dehydrated.