Do you drink medicine when you have fever?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • Jun 11, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink medicines when I have a fever to lower it down or to ease the bad feeling I am feeling. It's because when you have fever your body is working really hard to defend yourself from whatever it is that caused your fever. And lowering your fever means interrupting that defense mechanism of the body that's already undergoing. So I find that drinking medicine will not do much good.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't drink medicine most of the time, but I do sometimes when I have to go somewhere, like school or work because you don't really want to miss anything important right? Although if the fever is accompanied by headache or colds, then for sure I will drink medicine to get rid of them.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are ways you can reduce a fever without having to take medicine. While it's always much better to see a doctor since fevers tend to indicate that you have an ailment of some sort, trying the following could lower the fever

- Sleep but don't cover yourself up.
    - Drink a lot of water since your body gets dehydrated when you have a high fever.

But if there's no change . . .

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I think there's only been one time in my life where I drank medicine, and it was Nyquil when I was crazy sick and just needed to knock myself out to be able to get to sleep. For me, I take a few Ibuprofen, drink a ton of water, and just let the fever run its course. For most illness that I do get, that strategy seems to do the trick just fine for me.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I never take anything when I have a fever, apart from water. If I have a high temperature, I soak some washers in apple cider vinegar and put them on my feet to draw the fever out of the body. I wrap myself tightly into a blanket and try and sweat it all out. Usually I feel really weak the following day, but my strength tends to return rather quickly once the temperature is normal again.

#5Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I always use medicine when I have fever. I drink medicine even if I don't have fever yet but only if I felt that a fever is coming on. I will definitely try above tip next time. Thanks Denis :D

7. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Drinking medicine does not work. You take your medicine and still remain sick. It does nothing but damage your body, making you more susceptible to becoming sick more often. Medicine was a great money making creation.

Very few medicines are good for you. The only ones that are good are the ones that save your life. If you dont need to be saved, you dont need medicine. Medicine is for people who are not independent. Those people that think they need help when they could help them selves by living a healthier lifestyle.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Nope, I don't.

I do still give fever reducers to children if I can't get them down with natural methods, but I don't ever use them for myself any more.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't drunk medicine in ages. I wouldn't want to not only because as I said before, medicine is not good for you but because it tastes so nasty. I love maraschino cherries and cherry pie yet for some reason cherry medicine is so nasty.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very luck. I rarely get sick. I do have a problem with seasonal hay fever, but that's about it. I don't even remember drinking medicine as a kid. My mom would give up 7-up if we caught a cold. It was the only time we were allowed to drink soda. Now, I always think of 7-up as medicine.

11. kato24785

kato24785Banned

Threads:
    yes i take medicine when i go through high fever.

12. usengineers

usengineersNew Member

Threads:
    yes, i take my medicine when i have fever because medicine is too important whenever we have any health problem.

13. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I always avoid taking medicine when I have a fever. If I had cold and had a feeling that I might get fever then I will drink a lot of water to avoid it from happening and this method have always worked very well for me.

14. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I used to drink herbal teas as medicine. But these days I do other things such as supplements and essential oils as they are so much more potent with less effort, which is an important thing when you are sick. I still have herbal medicine teas in the cabinets tho. I rarely get sick.

15. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I am willing to drink Nyquil at night, and the orange colored Dayquil during the day in order to go to work. I have to go to work daily. Since I no longer have a contract I must work. I can not afford to cough on the telephone, or vomit at work. Those over the counter remedies ease my pain and suffering.