Do You Eat Berries?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by bonzer • May 6, 2015.

1. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    There are ample varieties of berries. Some of them are local to US alone. For instance, blueberries. They are rich in anti-oxidants and save you from many ailments. Berries are one of those selective foods that are good for both heart patients and kidney patients. Normally these patients have contradictory diet restrictions.

All most all berries like cranberries, strawberries, blackberries, gooseberries, goji berries, and blue berries are good for some condition or other.

Normal people can eat lots of them to protect their health. Well, what do you like most? Do you eat them regularly? Have you derived any health benefits? What are your experiences?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Strawberries are my favorite. I have grown straberries in my yard for years, we eat them as they are or include them in cereal for breakfast. I also like cranberries but I purchase those in a juice form more than a solid berry to eat. I also include cranberries in my muffins when I bake, cranberry orange muffins are very good.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I love berries. Blackberries grow in abundance in my area, especially where people are not maintaining anything. They pretty much go crazy and provide a whole lot of free effortlessly grown food. You just have to get out there and pick them and wear the right clothes so you don't get all scratched up.

I also like blueberries and strawberries a lot, but I don't often buy berries because they are so expensive. Usually my family freezes bags of blackberries when we pick them so we can save them for later months. I have heard that blackberries have even more anti-oxidants than blueberries, but I do not know if that is really true.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love ALL berries. I'm super exited to get back to the farmers markets and load up. I'll be practically living off them until they're gone. And watermelon. And every other fruit. And all the veggies. haha.. but yes, berries mmmmm

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I love berries. I like to go to the pick-your-own farms and stock upon strawberries and blueberries for the winter. I use them in different ways with in cereals and pancakes being two of my favorites. I always try to get out and find some wild blackberries or raspberries every year as well. I like to make jam out of them.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am true berry lover. They are my favorite fruit. I adore all the different varieties, but I have a special liking for juicy, organic raspberries. They do something special for me. They make me feel happy and relaxed.
    In the past, when I lived in a more temperate climate, I used to grow several varieties of berries. But since I've been living in the tropics, it's been hard to grow or buy them. Strawberries are my best bet where I live now.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I love berries but I don’t eat nearly enough of them. The most cost-effective berries where I live are frozen, which just aren’t as delicious as fresh. Strawberries and raspberries are probably my favorites. Cover either one in chocolate and I’m a happy woman. All varieties are great, though.

8. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I am not really a big fan of berries, but I do enjoy a jar of strawberry jam. Very tasty. :)

9. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, I love berries, especially, raspberries and blueberries.
    I have heard about the health benefits of eating cranberries, but honestly rather drink cranberry juice than eat them.
    Strawberries are also delicious but I hardly eat them

10. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I love to eat berries! My favorite are blueberries and raspberries. Raspberry jam is delicious! I like making blueberry muffins so most of my blueberries are used for that purpose. I guess that's not the healthiest thing in the world, but they're so good! I also enjoy making smoothies, mainly strawberry smoothies. Plus I use berries to make yogurt parfaits. There are so many delicious things one can make with berries! How can I help but love them?

11. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I love berries! :) Aside from my fondness of berries because they satisfy my taste buds, I also love the thought that eating them is a healthy practice. I most specially love strawberries and blueberries. I could eat a bunch of them in one sitting. Lol

12. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Hey, lets not try and get all exotic on me with these berries that I can only really find in natural food stores. I'm sticking to the big three that most are familiar with no matter where they are. Those are strawberries, blueberries, and cranberries. Once we get past those three than I become quite confused with where my life is going.