Do You Ever Cook Out On The Grill When It's Cold Outside?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Zyni • Feb 27, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't do this very often, but we have done so on occasion. I enjoy food that is cooked on the grill, so if the weather isn't too terrible, we try to do it once in a while. It's been much too cold lately, but if it warms up pretty soon, I'm going to talk my husband into it. He's the grill master. I love it when the weather starts staying warm, so we can grill more often.

Do you give up in the winter time, or do you still use your grill sometimes?

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    We've also barbecued in the winter but not this year. Our barbecue is in our side yard and because we live near the lake, we have a big snow drift covering everything in our yard, including the barbecue. So, we will have to wait for spring thaw before we start grilling!

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    We grill year-round, but we are fortunate enough to live in a milder climate, so weather isn't always a detractor for us.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually prefer to cook within my home. It is very difficult to cook in the cold. I would rather enjoy meal from the stove than the grill when it comes to cold season.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried it, but it sounds like it might be harder to get a fire going, especially if there are strong cold drafts! Still I imagine it would be a great way to pass a day during the winter season, barbecuing with friends and family.

6. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Nope, but I love the smell of grilled meat!

7. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we do barbequed on the grill even in the winter. If the wind wasn't so bad, and we have something that would be great on the grill, then we will grill it. I love the smell of grilling food, and the taste is also very different from cooking inside.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have an inside grill, so yeah, we do. It's obviously not gonna be the same as a coal/gas BBQ, but it's still pretty good.