Do You Ever Play The Coupon Fairy?

Discussion in Coupons started by barkingsquirrel • Apr 22, 2015.

1. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    Years ago, before I began couponing in earnest, I would find coupons next to products all over the grocery store. I couldn't understand why people would just leave their coupons near the product and not use them. Now that I've become more of a diehard couponer, I not only have lots of coupons given to me, but I print them at home as well.

Now I understand why people do it. Sometimes, I find that I have an overabundance of a particular coupon. When I'm shopping and I find I have too many, sometimes I'll leave them on the shelf next to the product and other times, I'll just hang around and give some to the next person who comes along looking at that product. It's fun to see their expression and how they thank you effusively!

Are you ever a coupon fairy? Tell us about your coupon gifting .....

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I leave coupons for others at the supermarket too, but my most recent coupon fairy moment was at Burger King. I saw a young mother explaining to her son that she couldn't afford to get him a Whopper or fries. They lit up when I gave them a coupon for two full size Whopper meals with fries and soda for $8.
    They couldn't stop thanking me. It was adorable. It's not a big deal but it feels good to do little things to help other people.

3. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    Playing coupon fairy is fun but do not ever leave printed coupons. Printable coupons are coded to the individual and if they end up being mis-used, guess who bears the blame? Give printable extras to people you know or perhaps the person in checkout ahead of you, but don't leave them around where anyone can get them.

4. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    Wow, that is something I didn't know! I print coupons all the time. I'm totally naive to the possibility of misuse ... what could someone do with the coupon that could come back to bite me?

5. tckc

tckcNew Member

Threads:
    That is a good question. I'm not sure either. I guess maybe they could make a lot of copies of them and use them fraudulently? What else could someone really do with a coupon?

But don't those printed coupons have some kind of one-use-only technology? Does anybody have any ideas about this?

6. VictorSalza

VictorSalzaMember

Threads:
    I try to help people whenever I can. I remember back in the day when people did it to me. I believe you have to pay it forward when you can.