Do you ever use clothing coupons received in the mail?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Kaybee517 • Sep 1, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Do you ever use clothing coupons received in the mail? Do you go shopping only to use coupons you received?
    I usually go shopping out of necessity vs. enjoyment. I'm a bit odd in that I don't like shopping for shoes like most women or like shopping for clothes. My favorite things are shopping for accessories and scented lotions. I just got a Bath and Body works coupon and had no intention of going, but since I can get a free item with purchase of one, I'm heading to the mall. Since I'm just about out of lotion, the timing is perfect. So hence the question, do you use mailer coupons or toss in the trash?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I toss all the coupons I get in the trash. I'm not fond of using coupons for purchases because I hate to spend all that time cutting them out. They should send them already cut out in an envelope that would save people a lot of time. I like to find things on sale rather than using a coupon. My neighbor she is coupon crazy, so any that I get I just give them to her. That's better than just throwing them out.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on if I need something or not. If not, they get trashed. If I do, then I tend to use them. I usually try to combine them with sale prices if I can to get an even better buy.

4. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I use them if I am going shopping before they expire. We live in a very rural area and the nearest mall is two hours away. My favorite ones are from Victoria Secret and are for free panties with no other purchase required. My teen daughter begs for the mall when one of those comes in the mail.

5. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    We use them all the time. We shop at a couple of brand name clothing stores and they send us coupons every month. If we are shopping then we use the coupon. It's a no brainer really. It's smart on their behalf. Hey I need a new jacket, where to go? Oh I have a 20% coupon from blah blah. Done deal.

6. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    A self proclaimed professional coupon clipper, I use them for everything. Clothes, food even home repairs. You can use more online coupons for clothes when shopping on line then in actual shops. Don't be afraid to ask for coupons or discounts also. I have asked for coupons several times in Victorias Seceret, and was happily given them.

7. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I use them all the time. I don't use them just because they come in, though. I only use them if I need to shop for something. Generally, if I need an item of clothing, I will wait for a mailer to come in before going shopping. Kohl's sends coupons at least once per month, often more. I combine those with their sale or clearance prices, and often with their Kohl's Bucks offers to help my money go way further. I buy brand new clothing for thrift store prices this way - sometimes yard sale prices.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yes, I do. I don't do it very often, but I often use it as a way to check in on the clearance items and major sales. I don't like waiting until I NEED something, because then I'm going to have to pay full price. I would rather keep myself stocked and prepared along the way instead.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't shop for clothes or shoes that often; you get to a point in life where you have more than enough stuff, and clothing is no exception. Last year I took a job in an office and needed new clothes and shoes and I did take advantage of email coupons from Steinmart and BOGO offers at Payless. It just makes sense to save money however you can when shopping.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't shop often but when I do it is good to have a coupon to help save some money. It is good to save $10-15 on an item that I have to purchase and then get a item that I thought I would have to do without or get later. Using coupons helps to stretch the budget.

11. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't, but rarely receive many clothing coupons the mail. I have used the odd coupon that has been emailed to me.

12. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I don't shop for clothes only so I can use the coupons, but if I need something and there are coupons at hand, I definitely use them. I usually hold on to coupons until they expire, just in case!

13. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    In this era life become more fast and busy. So people like to online shopping more. Many online store provide such useful coupons and discount offer for customer. Many time they send coupon code on mail. So people remember store and do more shopping.

14. poizinivee

poiziniveeNew Member

Threads:
    I must admit that I sometimes shop just because I received a coupon in the mail. I am very bad when it comes to Kohl's. I receive a great deal of $10 and 15%-20% coupons from them in the mail. I am the same way with Victoria's Secret. I guess you can say I am a shopaholic looking for great deals.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't recall getting coupons in the mail for clothes. I do get coupons of total purchases from JCPenney's, but I haven't bought anything since they changed their stores around.

16. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I will use them if it's somewhere I already shop at. If not they get tossed. I used to get ones for The Limited and Express that were $15 off any purchase, $30 off of $100 or more. They were good deals and I used them often. I won't go out of my way though to try to use one if I don't want to shop or don't go to the particular store on a regular basis.

17. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I use a few clothing coupons when I have to purchase new clothing; however, most of the coupons I use are mostly for accessories, household products, and personal products. I prefer to shop with coupons because it decreases my purchase total.

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I don't shop very often and when I do, I have to need it, but I will use coupons if I have them. I have so many clothes and that is a thing of the pass for me. I given away a lot of clothes because I had too many and I don't know about you but my body can only wear one set of clothes at a time and I can only use so many, so I just got rid of them so other people that don't have many can use what's just sitting in my closet gathering dust with the tag still on them. It was a waste for me to have them and not wear them.

19. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Coupons will really be a big help. If you just know how to use those coupons effectively, you will really be amazed at the savings you can get.

Though I'm a big coupons fan, I also agree that you should not shop just because you have coupons. I also make sure that my shopping will be out of necessity and not because I have been lured in by the coupons.

Each time I receive coupons, I already categorize them. Since I already know what types of clothes I would most likely buy and which stores I usually shop from, I could already evaluate if there is a potential use for the coupons I have received. If I don't think I could use the coupons, I usually give them to friends or family members.

20. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I use them and sometimes I don't. I usually buy only products which I need. The other coupons are often given to my family or friends. Using coupons can save a lot of money.